[faq plugin] File name options?

Jeff Jensen-3
Hi,

I could not find info on the file name in the FAQ plugin docs.  The name is
inferred by the example of "faq.fml".  When using that name, it works.  Any
other name does not work, even "faq.xml".

Is there a config option to specify the name?

Is it possible to have multiple FAQ files?

If yes, can they reside in different directories?

Re: [faq plugin] File name options?

Brett Porter
On 5/13/05, Jeff Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there a config option to specify the name?

no

> Is it possible to have multiple FAQ files?

yes, anything with a .fml extension.

> If yes, can they reside in different directories?

yes.

Cheers,
Brett

RE: [faq plugin] File name options?

Jeff Jensen-3
Hmmm, I went to update the doc for this (index.xml) to state it processes
all files with .fml extension, but that info is already there!

Log shows "Dion" checked that change in on July 9, 2004.

However the website does not have that info.

Makes me wonder what other pages are not current from source control?!  What
is the process to gen & deploy to the Apache site?

On 5/13/05, Jeff Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there a config option to specify the name?

no

> Is it possible to have multiple FAQ files?

yes, anything with a .fml extension.

> If yes, can they reside in different directories?

yes.

Cheers,
Brett

Re: [faq plugin] File name options?

Brett Porter
currently it happens per release. Obviously, no FAQ updates since last year :)

I'll publish it now. We're looking at doing the site updates more
frequently in future (when per-release doc is separate from general
info)

- Brett

On 5/13/05, Jeff Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hmmm, I went to update the doc for this (index.xml) to state it processes
> all files with .fml extension, but that info is already there!
>
> Log shows "Dion" checked that change in on July 9, 2004.
>
> However the website does not have that info.
>
> Makes me wonder what other pages are not current from source control?!  What
> is the process to gen & deploy to the Apache site?

arikkfir
Which reminds me - will continuum support periodic site updates? (e.g.
update the site from scm very day, for instance)

currently it happens per release. Obviously, no FAQ updates since last year
:)

I'll publish it now. We're looking at doing the site updates more
frequently in future (when per-release doc is separate from general
info)

- Brett

On 5/13/05, Jeff Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hmmm, I went to update the doc for this (index.xml) to state it processes
> all files with .fml extension, but that info is already there!
>
> Log shows "Dion" checked that change in on July 9, 2004.
>
> However the website does not have that info.
>
> Makes me wonder what other pages are not current from source control?!
> What
> is the process to gen & deploy to the Apache site?

Jason van Zyl
On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 12:12 +0200, Arik Kfir wrote:
> Which reminds me - will continuum support periodic site updates? (e.g.
> update the site from scm very day, for instance)

Sure, continuum will run any arbitrary phase or goal you wish so you
could automate site updating from continuum if you wished.

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org