[doxia] generating sitemap.xml

Bernhard Grünewaldt
Hello,

I am not quite sure where this module should be located
(maven-site-plugin, or directly doxia).

I was wondering if there is a way to create a google sitemap.xml
such as described here: http://www.sitemaps.org/protocol.php
when running "mvn site".

A "sitemap.xml.gz" should be generated taking all links from the
site.xml into account.

Is there such a thing, is it planned already?

greetings,

Bernhard Grünewaldt

Re: [doxia] generating sitemap.xml

Vincent Siveton
Hi Bernhard,

No sitemaps is planned in Doxia (and probably never).

The best impl should be:
- create a new Maven plugin which reads site.xml and generates
sitemaps.xml. If you plan to create it and make it public, you could
use the Mojo project http://mojo.codehaus.org/
- include this plugin in the maven site phase

Cheers,

Vincent