doxia 1.0-alpha-9 NoClassDefFoundError SiteModuleManager

doxia 1.0-alpha-9 NoClassDefFoundError SiteModuleManager

Yann Davin
Hi all,

I'm trying to test doxia as a alternative to the docbkx maven plugin. But when
i try to launch simply the example I've the followed error :
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/maven/doxia/module/site/manager/SiteModuleManager
        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Class.java:2291)
        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredField(Class.java:1880)
        at hidden.org.codehaus.plexus.util.ReflectionUtils.getFieldByNameIncludingSuperclasses(ReflectionUtils.java:31)

Does anybody know how can I fix that ?

Regards,

Yann

Re: doxia 1.0-alpha-9 NoClassDefFoundError SiteModuleManager

dennisl
What did you try to launch?

Please provide us with more details about what you are trying to do.

Dennis Lundberg

Re: doxia 1.0-alpha-9 NoClassDefFoundError SiteModuleManager

Yann Davin
I've just create a simple .pom + book.xml just to be able to try the example
http://maven.apache.org/doxia/book/index.html
so it's just copy paste (with of course minimal information in the .pom file)

when I try a :
 mvn pre-site
I have the error previously described.

The .pom file is
<project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>test</groupId>
  <artifactId>test</artifactId>
  <name>Maven Default Project</name>
  <version>1.0</version>

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>central</id>
      <name>Maven Repository Switchboard</name>
      <layout>default</layout>
      <url>http://repo1.maven.org/maven2</url>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>false</enabled>
      </snapshots>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

  <pluginRepositories>
    <pluginRepository>
      <id>central</id>
      <name>Maven Plugin Repository</name>
      <url>http://repo1.maven.org/maven2</url>
      <layout>default</layout>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>false</enabled>
      </snapshots>
      <releases>
        <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
      </releases>
    </pluginRepository>
  </pluginRepositories>

  <build>
  <plugins>
   <plugin>
  <groupId>org.apache.maven.doxia</groupId>
  <artifactId>doxia-maven-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>1.0-alpha-9</version>
  <executions>
    <execution>
      <phase>pre-site</phase>
      <goals>
        <goal>render-books</goal>
      </goals>
    </execution>
  </executions>
  <configuration>
    <books>
      <book>
        <directory>src/main</directory>
        <descriptor>src/main/test.xml</descriptor>
        <formats>
          <format>
            <id>latex</id>
          </format>
          <format>
            <id>xdoc</id>
          </format>
          <format>
            <id>pdf</id>
          </format>
          <format>
            <id>rtf</id>
          </format>
        </formats>
      </book>
    </books>
  </configuration>
</plugin>
</plugins>
  </build>

</project>

Yann
dennisl-2 wrote

Dennis Lundberg

Re: doxia 1.0-alpha-9 NoClassDefFoundError SiteModuleManager

dennisl
OK, there is a problem with th dependency-chain in the doxia 1.0-alpha-9
release. We are currently voting on alpha-10 which fixes this problem.

If you want to use it right away you can try with the latest
1.0-alpha-10-SNAPSHOT.

--
Dennis Lundberg