does order of dependencies in dependemcymanagement matter?

does order of dependencies in dependemcymanagement matter?

彭宁均
hi,
guys!
in my team, we use dependencymanagement to manage the version of hundreds dependencies. Now i want to adjust the order of dependencies to make it more clear. So i am wondering does order of dependencies in dependemcymanagement matters?
and also, does order of plugins in pluginmanagement matters?

thanks!

Re: does order of dependencies in dependemcymanagement matter?

Tomo Suzuki
The order does not matter. I usually sort them alphabetically so that I can
easily find duplicates.

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 02:11 彭宁均 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi,
> guys!
> in my team, we use dependencymanagement to manage the version of hundreds
> dependencies. Now i want to adjust the order of dependencies to make it
> more clear. So i am wondering does order of dependencies in
> dependemcymanagement matters?
> and also, does order of plugins in pluginmanagement matters?
>

> thanks!

Tomo

Re: does order of dependencies in dependemcymanagement matter?

Thomas Broyer-2
I am *really* not sure about this statement, at least for
dependencyManagement.

For pluginManagement, yes, order doesn't matter. The order in build/plugins
matter, but not pluginManagement/plugins.

For dependencyManagement, if you import BOMs with
order matters then (see Question #13 in
http://andresalmiray.com/maven-dependencies-pop-quiz-results/)

--
Thomas Broyer