distribution reports

Julian Wood
Hi,

I've been playing with Maven over the last little while, and have
gotten things to the point where I'm almost totally happy. I just
have one task left to do, and it seems that somebody must have come
across this before, or I'm taking the wrong approach.

It has to do with distributions. I can deploy my binary and source
distribution to the remote repository (our internal repository)
without problem. I want these to be referenced from the site, but I
can't see any way to do that. Is there some reason that your
distributions (ie a downloadable src zip and a downloadable bin zip)
should not be available from the site? In my travels I haven't come
across anyone who has made them available like this, so I'm wondering
what I'm missing.

I would also like to make a downloadable docs zip, and I have also
made my own plugin which repackages the same stuff in yet another way
(called a framework - it's just the product jar and dependencies
bundled up with an XML file). So I would like to have all 4 of these
products in my dist directory (which they are), and then referenced
from the site, so that they are available for download (which they
aren't, yet).

I view these as separate from the released product, which produces a
jar and is available from the downloads page. Initially I wanted them
all on the downloads page, but I guess that is taboo.

So before I make a plugin which summarizes the distributions and
produces an xdoc, what am I missing?

Julian Wood <[hidden email]>

Programmer/Analyst
University of Calgary

http://commons.ucalgary.ca

Re: distribution reports

Brett Porter
I think you are on the right track.

It would be good to have such things better integrated (eg into the
downloads page), but at the moment there is no automated integration
of distribution links.

- Brett