debugging a war deployed to jboss through m2eclipse

debugging a war deployed to jboss through m2eclipse

Aelbrecht Ludo
debugging a war deployed to jboss through m2eclipse

Hi,

I'm currently using m2eclipse to manage my pom.xml dependencies and run the "package" goal.
I've also setup the jboss-maven-plugin as explained on the m2eclipse site
(http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/Using+Maven+with+application+servers),
which works: I can run the goal "package jboss:harddeploy" through m2eclipse,
which will package my war and copy it to C:\jboss-4.2.2.GA\[...].

However, I'd like to be able to put the in war in jboss (like I'm currently
doing) and debug the war through eclipse, so that it e.g. stops at breakpoints,
etc. How can this be done? How should I configure my project's pom.xml and m2eclipse?

Thanks a lot,

Ludo

Re: debugging a war deployed to jboss through m2eclipse

Stefan Seidel
This is not really a m2eclipse issue. You just have to set your JBoss to
accept debug connections and then start a "debug remote java
application" from Eclipse.

regards,

Stefan

--
best regards,

Stefan Seidel
software developer
________________________
VUB Printmedia GmbH
Chopinstraße 4
D-04103 Leipzig
Germany
tel.    +49 (341) 9 60 50 07
fax.    +49 (341) 9 60 50 92
mail.   [hidden email]
web.    www.vub.de

HRB Köln 24015
UStID DE 122 649 251
GF Dr. Achim Preuss Neudorf,
Dr. Christian Preuss Neudorf

Re: debugging a war deployed to jboss through m2eclipse

tida.apa
The other option is to use the WTP project's deploy mechanism. Unfortunately, this is not set up to work with maven - just yet.

--
best regards,

Stefan Seidel
software developer
________________________
VUB Printmedia GmbH
Chopinstraße 4
D-04103 Leipzig
Germany
tel.    +49 (341) 9 60 50 07
fax.    +49 (341) 9 60 50 92
mail.   [hidden email]
web.    www.vub.de

HRB Köln 24015
UStID DE 122 649 251
GF Dr. Achim Preuss Neudorf,
Dr. Christian Preuss Neudorf

Re: debugging a war deployed to jboss through m2eclipse

Eugene Kuleshov

  Guys, if you have succeeded with configuring WTP, JBoss tools or plain
Eclipse for debugging web applications on the app servers, please share
your experience and add howto to the wiki page
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/Using+Maven+with+application+servers

  Thanks

  Eugene

[hidden email] wrote:

> The other option is to use the WTP project's deploy mechanism.
> Unfortunately, this is not set up to work with maven - just yet.
>

> On Feb 12, 2008 4:26 AM, VUB Stefan Seidel <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     This is not really a m2eclipse issue. You just have to set your
>     JBoss to
>     accept debug connections and then start a "debug remote java
>     application" from Eclipse.
>
>     regards,
>
>     Stefan
>
>     Aelbrecht Ludo wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > I'm currently using m2eclipse to manage my pom.xml dependencies
>     and run
>     > the "package" goal.
>     > I've also setup the jboss-maven-plugin as explained on the
>     m2eclipse site
>     >
>     (http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/Using+Maven+with+application+servers),
>     > which works: I can run the goal "package jboss:harddeploy" through
>     > m2eclipse,
>     > which will package my war and copy it to C:\jboss-4.2.2.GA\[...].
>     >
>     > However, I'd like to be able to put the in war in jboss (like
>     I'm currently
>     > doing) and debug the war through eclipse, so that it e.g. stops at
>     > breakpoints,
>     > etc. How can this be done? How should I configure my project's
>     pom.xml
>     > and m2eclipse?
>     >
>     > Thanks a lot,
>     >
>     > Ludo
>     >
>
>     --
>     best regards,
>
>     Stefan Seidel
>     software developer
>     ________________________
>     VUB Printmedia GmbH
>     Chopinstraße 4
>     D-04103 Leipzig
>     Germany
>     tel.    +49 (341) 9 60 50 07
>     fax.    +49 (341) 9 60 50 92
>     mail.   [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     web.    www.vub.de <http://www.vub.de>
>
>     HRB Köln 24015
>     UStID DE 122 649 251
>     GF Dr. Achim Preuss Neudorf,
>     Dr. Christian Preuss Neudorf

>        http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Re: debugging a war deployed to jboss through m2eclipse

tida.apa
Will do - if I ever get around to writing either a faclet or a plugin to integrate the 2.

[hidden email] wrote:
> The other option is to use the WTP project's deploy mechanism.
> Unfortunately, this is not set up to work with maven - just yet.
>

> On Feb 12, 2008 4:26 AM, VUB Stefan Seidel <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     This is not really a m2eclipse issue. You just have to set your
>     JBoss to
>     accept debug connections and then start a "debug remote java
>     application" from Eclipse.
>
>     regards,
>
>     Stefan
>
>     Aelbrecht Ludo wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > I'm currently using m2eclipse to manage my pom.xml dependencies
>     and run
>     > the "package" goal.
>     > I've also setup the jboss-maven-plugin as explained on the
>     m2eclipse site
>     >
>     (http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/Using+Maven+with+application+servers),
>     > which works: I can run the goal "package jboss:harddeploy" through
>     > m2eclipse,
>     > which will package my war and copy it to C:\jboss-4.2.2.GA\[...].
>     >
>     > However, I'd like to be able to put the in war in jboss (like
>     I'm currently
>     > doing) and debug the war through eclipse, so that it e.g. stops at
>     > breakpoints,
>     > etc. How can this be done? How should I configure my project's
>     pom.xml
>     > and m2eclipse?
>     >
>     > Thanks a lot,
>     >
>     > Ludo
>     >
>
>     --
>     best regards,
>
>     Stefan Seidel
>     software developer
>     ________________________
>     VUB Printmedia GmbH
>     Chopinstraße 4
>     D-04103 Leipzig
>     Germany
>     tel.    +49 (341) 9 60 50 07
>     fax.    +49 (341) 9 60 50 92
>     mail.   [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     web.    www.vub.de <http://www.vub.de>
>
>     HRB Köln 24015
>     UStID DE 122 649 251
>     GF Dr. Achim Preuss Neudorf,
>     Dr. Christian Preuss Neudorf

>        http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Re: debugging a war deployed to jboss through m2eclipse

relliott
Guys,

The above link appears to be broken. Can anyone provide a new one? Do I need maven 2 eclipse plugin as well as m2eclipse installed?

Thanks