[database] Where do I put my database Scripts.

[database] Where do I put my database Scripts.

Laurent Forêt
Hello,

I am working on a J2EE project with database access. I am trying to migrate from ant to maven.
My question is : is there any rules or conventions to put database scripts (like table creation triggers or procedure packages) in my Maven project.

Laurent Foret.

RE: [database] Where do I put my database Scripts.

Vincent Massol

No, but I'd say:

src/database

or:

src/sql

or:

src/scripts

-Vincent

Re: [database] Where do I put my database Scripts.

Laurent Forêt
Maybe I "chipote" (what's the translation for chipote),
but in the new convention (http://maven.apache.org/reference/conventions.html) it has been introduce the main folder.
I don't understand exactly why for instance, but I am too much young maven user to have any judgement.

Then, when you say src/database, my favourite, do you mean at the same level of the java folder or at the main folder.

+- src/
|  +- main/
|  |  +- java/
|  |  |  +- ...
|  |  +- resources/
|  |     +- ...

|  |  +- database/ ?

|  +- test/
|  |  +- java/
|  |  |  +- ...
|  |  +- resources/
|  |     +- ...
|  +- site/
|     +- xdoc/
|        +- ...

|  +- database/ ?

Laurent F.

Vincent Massol wrote:

> [...]

Vincent Massol-2

To "quibble" I think.

> but in the new convention
> (http://maven.apache.org/reference/conventions.html) it has been introduce
> the main folder.
> I don't understand exactly why for instance, but I am too much young maven
> user to have any judgement.

You're right. I meant:

src/main/database
src/main/scripts
scr/main/sql

Unless there are DB scripts for testing in which casae they would go in
src/test/database, etc.

[snip]

-Vincent

Re: [database] Where do I put my database Scripts.

thomasvdv
http://www.codeczar.com/products/maven-sql-plugin/

uses

src/sql

and Google thinks chipoter means

to haggle

but I'd say

to mess around

Cheers,
Thomas

> [...]

cjdaniels4
And where would be a good place for the data itself? Specifically, I
have files that contain some records that I want to import in order to
create my initial, minimal data set required for my application to
function. The records are similar to CSV files and can be imported by
the import tool that I use. So, along with my sql scripts for creating
my schema, I have data files that should be imported after the schema
are created. Would the data files perhaps reside in src/main/data? For
test data, perhaps in src/test/data?