[compiler plugin] Support JPMS test modules

[compiler plugin] Support JPMS test modules

Christian Stein
Hi everybody,

I filed a PR against AbstractCompilerMojo and TestCompilerMojo some days
ago [1] and would like to discuss it. The PR introduces support for test
sources organized as modules and solves the inline comment reading " //
maybe some extra analysis required " in the TestCompilerMojo.

A successfully running test case using JUnit 4 as an automatic module is
included in the PR.

Cheers,
Christian

[1] https://github.com/apache/maven-plugins/pull/139/files

Re: [compiler plugin] Support JPMS test modules

Robert Scholte-8
Hi Christian,

could you base your commit on
https://github.com/apache/maven-compiler-plugin ?
I know this is a long standing with to do whitebox testing, even though
some others JPMS experts don't agree ;)
My comment did indicate i had no idea at that time what to do with it, so
maybe this is the right fix to support all combinations.

thanks,
Robert

On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 13:42:44 +0200, Christian Stein <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I filed a PR against AbstractCompilerMojo and TestCompilerMojo some days
> ago [1] and would like to discuss it. The PR introduces support for test
> sources organized as modules and solves the inline comment reading " //
> maybe some extra analysis required " in the TestCompilerMojo.
>
> A successfully running test case using JUnit 4 as an automatic module is
> included in the PR.
>
> Cheers,
> Christian
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/maven-plugins/pull/139/files

Re: [compiler plugin] Support JPMS test modules

Christian Stein
Hi Robert,

I manually moved the changes and created [1]. Hope, that I didn't miss
a file. The included test case still runs successfully.

While moving the files I noticed that the main sources of the test project
has no external dependency. I don't think that's an issue, but I'm not sure
about it.

Cheers,
Christian

[1] https://github.com/apache/maven-compiler-plugin/pull/4