[compiler-plugin] Question about multiple compiler executions

[compiler-plugin] Question about multiple compiler executions

Benjamin Marwell
Hi everyone,

In a project, I currently configured three executions of the maven
compiler plugin.

1. proc:only, generate annotations for org.immutable
2. proc:only, generate annotations for hibernate-static-metamodel (not
all modules)
3. proc:none, i.e. compile everything.

For this to work, I have to set
<useIncrementalCompilation>false</useIncrementalCompilation> to use
incremental compilation (reversed property, this is a known issue).
On the shell it works just fine.

My question is: Is this setup "using maven the intended way"? I am
asking, because no IDE supports this right now. Each time I touch a
file which will be processed by an annotation processor, I need to
execute "mvn clean compile -DskipTests". Clean IS necessary, because
maven does not know that the resulting output of the generated sources
will be different. Setting useIncrementalCompilation=true (or not
setting it) will also not work, they will just overwrite each other -
the third compilation execution will not find any generated sources.

I would be happy to hear your experiences with this topic.

Thanks,
Ben

Re: [compiler-plugin] Question about multiple compiler executions

Lasse Lindqvist
I think it is unintended. We have had the annotations processed in the same
main execution. But I have to say that some annotation processors such as
Lombok have caused problems with IDEs not functioning properly.

to 2. huhtik. 2020 klo 15.06 Benjamin Marwell ([hidden email])