Quantcast

compile:compile failure on sun proprietary implementation API usage

compile:compile failure on sun proprietary implementation API usage

Dan Tran
Hello,

I just inherit an project that I am trying to convert to maven and hit
a compilation error  ( using java 1.6, target/source = 1.6 )

ts\admin\db_devices\DBCollectorHousekeepingServlet.java:[28,15]
sun.misc.BASE64Decoder is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a
future release

Eclispe IDE does not fail this call.  Why Maven?

I found a link to this failure, with no resolution
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@.../msg103349.html

Is there a way to make it a warning?

Thanks

-Dan

Re: compile:compile failure on sun proprietary implementation API usage

Erlend Hamnaberg
Are you using Openjdk? then this fails.

Use the JDK shipped by sun, and you should be ok.

-- Erlend

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Dan Tran <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just inherit an project that I am trying to convert to maven and hit
> a compilation error  ( using java 1.6, target/source = 1.6 )
>
> ts\admin\db_devices\DBCollectorHousekeepingServlet.java:[28,15]
> sun.misc.BASE64Decoder is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a
> future release
>
> Eclispe IDE does not fail this call.  Why Maven?
>
> I found a link to this failure, with no resolution
> http://www.mail-archive.com/users@.../msg103349.html
>
> Is there a way to make it a warning?
>
> Thanks
>

> -Dan

Re: compile:compile failure on sun proprietary implementation API usage

Dan Tran
I am using Sun JDK on windows  version 1.6.0_17

-Dan

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Erlend Hamnaberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Are you using Openjdk? then this fails.
>
> Use the JDK shipped by sun, and you should be ok.
>
> -- Erlend
>
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Dan Tran <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just inherit an project that I am trying to convert to maven and hit
>> a compilation error  ( using java 1.6, target/source = 1.6 )
>>
>> ts\admin\db_devices\DBCollectorHousekeepingServlet.java:[28,15]
>> sun.misc.BASE64Decoder is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a
>> future release
>>
>> Eclispe IDE does not fail this call.  Why Maven?
>>
>> I found a link to this failure, with no resolution
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/users@.../msg103349.html
>>
>> Is there a way to make it a warning?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> -Dan

Re: compile:compile failure on sun proprietary implementation API usage

Brett Randall
Try this page, http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html
look for rt.jar under System Dependencies.

Brett

On 1/18/10, Dan Tran <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am using Sun JDK on windows  version 1.6.0_17
>
> -Dan
>
> On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Erlend Hamnaberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Are you using Openjdk? then this fails.
>>
>> Use the JDK shipped by sun, and you should be ok.
>>
>> -- Erlend
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Dan Tran <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I just inherit an project that I am trying to convert to maven and hit
>>> a compilation error  ( using java 1.6, target/source = 1.6 )
>>>
>>> ts\admin\db_devices\DBCollectorHousekeepingServlet.java:[28,15]
>>> sun.misc.BASE64Decoder is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a
>>> future release
>>>
>>> Eclispe IDE does not fail this call.  Why Maven?
>>>
>>> I found a link to this failure, with no resolution
>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/users@.../msg103349.html
>>>
>>> Is there a way to make it a warning?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> -Dan

Sent from my mobile device

Re: compile:compile failure on sun proprietary implementation API usage

Dan Tran
I am not sure what system scope has any thing to do with my error,
since i am setting the compiler to use source and target 1.6 and
enforer plugin check for 1.6 JDK, so the compiler will use the right
rt.jar.  any way I try the suggestion pointed by Brett, but still see
the same problem.

I also suspect latest Sun javac now serious about making user not to
use that interface any more. But it is not the case, where a simple
direct javac invocation show it as a warning, not an error

-Dan

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 9:06 PM, Brett Randall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Try this page, http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html
> look for rt.jar under System Dependencies.
>
> Brett
>

> On 1/18/10, Dan Tran <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I am using Sun JDK on windows  version 1.6.0_17
>>
>> -Dan
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Erlend Hamnaberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Are you using Openjdk? then this fails.
>>>
>>> Use the JDK shipped by sun, and you should be ok.
>>>
>>> -- Erlend

> Sent from my mobile device

Re: compile:compile failure on sun proprietary implementation API usage

stephenconnolly
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCOMPILER-59

have you tried m-c-p version 2.1?

2010/1/18 Dan Tran <[hidden email]>:

> I am not sure what system scope has any thing to do with my error,
> since i am setting the compiler to use source and target 1.6 and
> enforer plugin check for 1.6 JDK, so the compiler will use the right
> rt.jar.  any way I try the suggestion pointed by Brett, but still see
> the same problem.
>
> I also suspect latest Sun javac now serious about making user not to
> use that interface any more. But it is not the case, where a simple
> direct javac invocation show it as a warning, not an error
>
> -Dan
>
> On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 9:06 PM, Brett Randall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Try this page, http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html
>> look for rt.jar under System Dependencies.
>>
>> Brett
>>

>> On 1/18/10, Dan Tran <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I am using Sun JDK on windows  version 1.6.0_17
>>>
>>> -Dan

>> --
>> Sent from my mobile device

Re: compile:compile failure on sun proprietary implementation API usage

Dan Tran
no luck with compiler plugin 2.1 either. I may need to bite the bullet
and fix up the code.

-Dan

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 10:53 PM, Stephen Connolly
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCOMPILER-59
>
> have you tried m-c-p version 2.1?
>
> 2010/1/18 Dan Tran <[hidden email]>:
>> I am not sure what system scope has any thing to do with my error,
>> since i am setting the compiler to use source and target 1.6 and
>> enforer plugin check for 1.6 JDK, so the compiler will use the right
>> rt.jar.  any way I try the suggestion pointed by Brett, but still see
>> the same problem.
>>
>> I also suspect latest Sun javac now serious about making user not to
>> use that interface any more. But it is not the case, where a simple
>> direct javac invocation show it as a warning, not an error
>>
>> -Dan
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 9:06 PM, Brett Randall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Try this page, http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html
>>> look for rt.jar under System Dependencies.
>>>
>>> Brett

>>> --
>>> Sent from my mobile device

Re: compile:compile failure on sun proprietary implementation API usage

Wayne Fay
> no luck with compiler plugin 2.1 either. I may need to bite the bullet
> and fix up the code.

There are numerous F/OSS implementations of BASE64Decoder that you can
just grab and use just like the sun.misc version. I like the Apache
Commons one. There's just no good reason to keep using sun.misc.
Fixing the code will take what, 5 minutes max?

Wayne

Re: compile:compile failure on sun proprietary implementation API usage

Dan Tran
commons-codec is the way to go

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Wayne Fay <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> no luck with compiler plugin 2.1 either. I may need to bite the bullet
>> and fix up the code.
>
> There are numerous F/OSS implementations of BASE64Decoder that you can
> just grab and use just like the sun.misc version. I like the Apache
> Commons one. There's just no good reason to keep using sun.misc.
> Fixing the code will take what, 5 minutes max?
>
> Wayne

Re: compile:compile failure on sun proprietary implementation API usage

Dan Tran
believe it or not!! upgrade to 6.0.18 solves the mystery.

-D