commons-logging-optional.jar

Poppe, Troy

I can't find this in the maven repository where I'd expect it to be
(commons-logging:commons-logging-optional-1.0.4)...

Am I missing something?

Troy

Re: commons-logging-optional.jar

Simon Kitching
On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 14:37 -0400, Poppe, Troy wrote:
> I can't find this in the maven repository where I'd expect it to be
> (commons-logging:commons-logging-optional-1.0.4)...
>
> Am I missing something?

It looks to me like the documentation is wrong and the "optional" jar is
not in fact available in anything but source form.

Why are you using the optional jar anyway? It doesn't appear to have
anything useful in it. The "weakhashmap" stuff is not worth having, as
it doesn't fix the underlying problem in many cases. See the wiki FAQ
for a proper solution.

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/Logging/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

By the way, why is this being asked on the Maven list? Isn't this a
commons-logging issue?

Regards,

Simon