classifiers, nmaven, and the

James Carpenter-2
When preparing to install the log4net library into a maven repository I
noticed the log4net distribution (http://logging.apache.org/log4net/)
actually contains a variety of binaries.  I seems log4net builds a
separate dll for each version of the .NET framework.  Obviously this
begs for the use of a classifier.

The getting-started guide at:
http://nmaven.sourceforge.net/getting-started.html shows how to install
an arbitrary 3rd party dll into the local maven repository, but doesn't
address the use of a classifier.  Furthermore, when I look at the
install plugin's documentation of the install-file goal
(http://nmaven.sourceforge.net/plugins/maven-install-plugin/install-file-mojo.html)
I don't see anything relating to the classifier.

Can you please provide guidance on how to handle external 3rd party
libraries such as log4net which provide a dll for each version of the
.NET framework?

On another note, unlike the deploy plugin's deploy-file goal
(http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/) I don't see any
provision within the nmaven plugins for automatically deploying to a
remote repository rather than one's local maven repo.  As you probably
already know, unless a dependency is deployed to a development team's
internal shared repository, it doesn't do much good.  Are there any
plans to rectify this issue?

Re: classifiers, nmaven, and the

Shane Isbell
I had briefly looked into the classifier issue before. The
AssemblyRepositoryLayout can handle classifiers for the path, but I have not
hooked this into maven-install-plugin. I will add this functionality to the
plugin and components (target mid to late next week). I'll also look into
creating a deploy plugin for remote repos (unless someone beats me to it).

Shane