cannot install nmaven

Matthias Cavigelli
Hi there

I've followed the instructions on the 'Getting started' page.
- svn checkout ...
  (being at 705342)
- mvn install

I get the following error:

===
C:\nmaven>mvn install -e
+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Building Maven Default Project
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Cannot execute mojo: resources. It requires a project with an
existing pom.xml, but the build is not using one.
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Cannot execute
mojo: resources. It requires a project with an ex
isting pom.xml, but the build is not using one.
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:583)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:49
9)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:478)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.jav
a:330)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:291)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:142)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Cannot
execute mojo: resources. It requires a project with an
 existing pom.xml, but the build is not using one.
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:377)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)
        ... 16 more

==

Could anyone give me a hint how to make it work on my computer?

Thank you, Matthias

Re: cannot install nmaven

brettporter
Administrator
what URL did you check out? It seems like it might be at the wrong
level.

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter
[hidden email]
http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/

Re: cannot install nmaven

Christopher Bown
Matthias,

I am new to the list, it looks like you don't have a project in the
C:\nmaven directory.  To do install you need to be in a directory with a
project in and it needs to have a pom.xml file in that directory.

You need to navigate to the directory with the project you want to build in
it.  Hope that helps.

Chris Bown

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Matthias Cavigelli <[hidden email]>wrote:

> [...]
>        at
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>        at
>        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
>        at
>        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
> Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Cannot
> execute mojo: resources. It requires a project with an
>  existing pom.xml, but the build is not using one.
>        at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:377)
>        at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)
>        ... 16 more
>
> ==
>
> Could anyone give me a hint how to make it work on my computer?

Re: cannot install nmaven

Matthias Cavigelli
brettporter wrote
what URL did you check out? It seems like it might be at the wrong
level.
You're right: I had to cd into the directory:
- svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/nmaven/trunk nmaven
- cd nmaven
- mvn install

I forgot to cd. For a newbie it's not obvious though, I'd expected that on the webpage. Thanks for your quick help!

While looking around, some odds and ends attracted my attention:
- On several pages, for instance the page http://incubator.apache.org/nmaven, the link 'nmaven' on the upper right links to the incubator home instead of the nmaven home page.
- The 0.16 page is a little bit hidden, although it contains more information: on the home page the links 'getting started' and 'features' link to the 0.15 version. Maybe that is on purpose.
- On the page 'Source Repository' of the 0.15 version, the links of the svn web access do not work.
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/nmaven/trunk/maven-site/maven-site-versioned should probably shortened to http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/nmaven/trunk/.

Matthias

Re: cannot install nmaven

brettporter
Administrator
Thanks! I've corrected these. We'd be happy to hear any other feedback
you have.

Cheers,
Brett

On 18/10/2008, at 8:54 PM, Matthias Cavigelli wrote:

> brettporter wrote:
>>
>> what URL did you check out? It seems like it might be at the wrong
>> level.
>>

> You're right: I had to cd into the directory:
> - svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/nmaven/trunk
> nmaven
> - cd nmaven
> - mvn install
>
> I forgot to cd. For a newbie it's not obvious though, I'd expected
> that on
> the webpage. Thanks for your quick help!
>
> While looking around, some odds and ends attracted my attention:
> - On several pages, for instance the page
> http://incubator.apache.org/nmaven, the link 'nmaven' on the upper
> right
> links to the incubator home instead of the nmaven home page.
> - The 0.16 page is a little bit hidden, although it contains more
> information: on the home page the links 'getting started' and
> 'features'
> link to the 0.15 version. Maybe that is on purpose.
> - On the page 'Source Repository' of the 0.15 version, the links of
> the svn
> web access do not work.
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/nmaven/trunk/maven-site/maven-site-versioned
> should probably shortened to
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/nmaven/trunk/.
>
> Matthias

Brett Porter
[hidden email]
http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/

Re: cannot install nmaven

sankar.lp.gym
I think there is some problem in the URL

Java Training in Chennai