bundle problem

Iktorn
Hi,
I'v got following problem with jar libs.
my web application (let say A ) depend on other part of the project (B) which
have its own dependencies ( C,D.. etc) . But when I try to deploy 'A',
subproject libs from B are not deployed to Tomcat and the site doesn't work
properly. Is it possible to bundle 'C,D...' libs in B so that Tomcat could use
them? (I dont want to add dependencies 'C,D..' to 'A' because when 'B' changes
I would have to change also A's project.xml)

Thanks in advance
Artur

Re: bundle problem

Steve Molloy
Couldn't you use project inheritance to have A extend B so that whenever
B changes, it would be reflected in A.

Steve

On Fri, 2005-10-06 at 15:03 +0000, Iktorn wrote:

> Hi,
> I'v got following problem with jar libs.
> my web application (let say A ) depend on other part of the project (B) which
> have its own dependencies ( C,D.. etc) . But when I try to deploy 'A',
> subproject libs from B are not deployed to Tomcat and the site doesn't work
> properly. Is it possible to bundle 'C,D...' libs in B so that Tomcat could use
> them? (I dont want to add dependencies 'C,D..' to 'A' because when 'B' changes
> I would have to change also A's project.xml)
>
> Thanks in advance
> Artur

Re: bundle problem

Iktorn
Thanks,
That is some solution , but is there a way to easily include jar libs in just
created/deployed jar ?

Artur

Steve Molloy <smolloy <at> convera.com> writes:

> Couldn't you use project inheritance to have A extend B so that whenever
> B changes, it would be reflected in A.

Hi ,
The next problem is that , in my project , I need to inherit from many libs. Is
there another inheritance solution beside <extend> ?

Artur

Re: bundle problem

Haryon
There is only one inheritence option, that is extend.

If you use it for maintain version value equals across all maven
projects of a same "business" project, but want different dependencies
for each... you are toast :) you have to pick one or the other, can't
have both.

What you can't inherit, you will copy/paste.

I never tried, but : since project.xml is an xml file, maybe it's
possible to use external entities to import some other file (xml
fragment) into project.xml. This way you could share the dependency
part between 2 project.xml. As I said, I never tried.

About your A -> B -> C,D problem, note that maven 1.x doesn't handle
dependencies of dependencies. You would need to declare C and D as
dependency of A too.