automatic maven release in bamboo

arno
Hi (and Merry Christmas)!
I'm trying to enable a release by simply pushing a button in Bamboo. My idea was to "configure" the release by commiting proper release.properties to CVS and let Bamboo then execute
----
release:prepare release:perform -DautoVersionSubmodules=true -DcheckModificationExcludeList=build-number.txt
----
(The exclusion of build-number.txt is bamboo-related and does work properly.)

The problem is that the maven release plugin does exclude release properties from the modification check, but tagging the version fails with
----
[ERROR] cvs tag: release.properties is locally modified
[ERROR] cvs [tag aborted]: correct the above errors first!
----

There is no chance to use another property file name as configuration, isn't it?

A solution would be -of course- to put all the properties into the command line call, but the beauty of my idea lies in handling the release configuration in your IDE by editing the versioned release.properties file.

Is there maybe another way of solving this issue that I'm not aware of?

Thanks,
Arno