assembly plugin: moduleSets & binary dependencies

assembly plugin: moduleSets & binary dependencies

Nigel Jones
Hi,
 I recently posted to the users mailing list about an issue with moduleSets & binary's dependencies, where it appears dependencies are based on the maven project's dependencies, whilst my //expectation//  (perhaps wrong) was that they would be based on the module being processed by the assembly.

The original thread is https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r131e0699cb3d60763d0904425491924097168bb2de68da24bb5ddcb5%40%3Cusers.maven.apache.org%3E

I also opened up https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MASSEMBLY/issues/MASSEMBLY-940 as it seemed as if the intent was to do this, though it could be my misreading of the docs, or something that could be improved.

Would very much appreciate any tips

Thanks!
Nigel (planetf1)

Re: assembly plugin: moduleSets & binary dependencies

Nigel Jones

On 2020/07/22 18:15:48, Nigel Jones (planetf1) <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I recently posted to the users mailing list about an issue with moduleSets & binary's dependencies, where it appears dependencies are based on the maven project's dependencies, whilst my //expectation//  (perhaps wrong) was that they would be based on the module being processed by the assembly.

I tried a few more combos -- the issue has more info, but basically it seems as if only the project poms are used.

Now trying to figure out if another combination of plugins may be able to achieve the same objective between archive, dependency etc. Any recommendations welcome. Perhaps the ant plugin to do some scripting or experiment with gradle.