Quantcast

adding a jar as resource to a webapp

Hauschel Fred Robert
Hi all,

I have to add a jar (maven module! Available in the maven repo) to a war
file.

The jar should not be added to the classpath at build, runtime! And it
should not be included in WEB-INF/lib.

Any idea ?

Thanks Fredy

Re: adding a jar as resource to a webapp

Mauricio Ferreyra
Hi Fredy,
            You can use the dependency  scope
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html#Dependency_Scope.

--
*Ing. Mauricio Ferreyra*
Cordoba - Argentina

Turn off electronic devices, Simply turning off your television, DVD player,
stereo and computer when you’re not using them will save you thousands of
pounds of carbon dioxide a year.

Re: adding a jar as resource to a webapp

Antonio Petrelli
2011/2/2 Hauschel Fred Robert <[hidden email]>:
> The jar should not be added to the classpath at build, runtime! And it
> should not be included in WEB-INF/lib.

Not at build, not at runtime and not in WEB-INF/lib? What do you need it for?

Antonio

Re: adding a jar as resource to a webapp

Marc Rohlfs
I'd suggest it could be a JAR containing an Applet.

The maven-dependency-plugin might help You out. Use on of the following
approaches:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/examples/copying-artifacts.html
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/examples/copying-project-dependencies.html

On 02/02/11 17:06, Antonio Petrelli wrote:
>> The jar should not be added to the classpath at build, runtime! And it
>> should not be included in WEB-INF/lib.
> Not at build, not at runtime and not in WEB-INF/lib? What do you need it for?

AW: adding a jar as resource to a webapp

Hauschel Fred Robert
Hi Marc,
that is exactly what I need! Thank you very much!!

@Antonio, Martin:
Because of classpath manipulation (switching 3rdParty libraries) while runtime! The library should not be loaded from the webapp classloader.

Fredy