Yum Repository Support

Mark Derricutt
Hey all,

The other day I enabled the Yum metadata services on our Nexus install
and started pushing some RPMs to our SNAPSHOT repository - I can see all
the repodata/ files being created and they appear to have what look like
legitimate data but when I configure the repository in Yum - I can never
actually see any rpms listed via "yum list myrpm".

I see that yum is downloading/talking to the server. We initially had an
issue with Apache double-gzipping the .gz file but resolved that, yet
still no visible RPMs.

Has anyone else seen this type of behaviour? Any pointers in where/how
to debug?

Mark

Re: Yum Repository Support

Jason Dillon-3
Do YUM repos work on SNAPSHOT repos?  SNAPSHOT is a very Maven-specific concept which I’m not sure translates into YUM well (or at all).

Does a RELEASE repo behave more as you expect?

—jason

On March 19, 2014 at 12:51:30 PM, Mark Derricutt ([hidden email]) wrote:

Hey all,

The other day I enabled the Yum metadata services on our Nexus install
and started pushing some RPMs to our SNAPSHOT repository - I can see all
the repodata/ files being created and they appear to have what look like
legitimate data but when I configure the repository in Yum - I can never
actually see any rpms listed via "yum list myrpm".

I see that yum is downloading/talking to the server. We initially had an
issue with Apache double-gzipping the .gz file but resolved that, yet
still no visible RPMs.

Has anyone else seen this type of behaviour? Any pointers in where/how
to debug?

Mark

Re: Yum Repository Support

Charles Scott
I have seen this problem due to that the createrepo implementation on the nexus server forks the createrepo command and does it asynchronously.

Assuming:

yum clean metadata

was run on the target node,  (which may be necessary depending on the target node’s yum client configuration)

yum list myrpm

still may not show if createrepo was not finished writing the metadata on the nexus server.

On Mar 19, 2014, at 12:51 PM, Mark Derricutt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> The other day I enabled the Yum metadata services on our Nexus install and started pushing some RPMs to our SNAPSHOT repository - I can see all the repodata/ files being created and they appear to have what look like legitimate data but when I configure the repository in Yum - I can never actually see any rpms listed via "yum list myrpm".
>
> I see that yum is downloading/talking to the server. We initially had an issue with Apache double-gzipping the .gz file but resolved that, yet still no visible RPMs.
>
> Has anyone else seen this type of behaviour? Any pointers in where/how to debug?
>
> Mark

Re: Yum Repository Support

Rich Seddon
If you set the log level to DEBUG and run the generate metadata task the createrepo command executed will be printed.   Try executing that command in a shell, you'll likely be able to see what is going wrong.

Rich