Yum/RPM repo docs?

Steve Johnson
Greetings,

I've searched, and can't find much information on using Nexus as a yum/rpm repository.  I'm hoping I've just missed something obvious.  I would appreciate pointers to any/all such available documentation that any members of this group are aware of.  TIA!

Re: Yum/RPM repo docs?

Denis Zinevich
Hello,

Yeah, you missed :)
https://github.com/sonatype/nexus-oss/tree/master/plugins/yum/nexus-yum-repository-plugin

--
wbr,
Denis

15.02.2014, 19:38, "Steve Johnson" <[hidden email]>:
> Greetings,
>
> I've searched, and can't find much information on using Nexus as a yum/rpm repository.  I'm hoping I've just missed something obvious.  I would appreciate pointers to any/all such available documentation that any members of this group are aware of.  TIA!

Re: Yum/RPM repo docs?

Ron Wheeler
http://www.practicalweb.co.uk/blog/12/11/21/how-create-custom-yum-repository-centos-6
This discusses how to set up your own YUM repo.

It is just an Apache HTTP  web site with some RPMs and the metadata that
YUM needs. Very simple concept.

I can not imaging how a maven repo like Nexus would work as a YUM repo.
YUM has no idea about Maven GAVs and Nexus has no way to store or handle
YUM metadata.

Ron

On 15/02/2014 12:37 PM, Steve Johnson wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I've searched, and can't find much information on using Nexus as a yum/rpm repository.  I'm hoping I've just missed something obvious.  I would appreciate pointers to any/all such available documentation that any members of this group are aware of.  TIA!

--
Ron Wheeler
President
Artifact Software Inc
email: [hidden email]
skype: ronaldmwheeler
phone: 866-970-2435, ext 102

Re: Yum/RPM repo docs?

Nikola Milutinovic
On 16.2.2014 14:59, Ron Wheeler wrote:
> http://www.practicalweb.co.uk/blog/12/11/21/how-create-custom-yum-repository-centos-6
> This discusses how to set up your own YUM repo.
>
> It is just an Apache HTTP  web site with some RPMs and the metadata that
> YUM needs. Very simple concept.
>
> I can not imaging how a maven repo like Nexus would work as a YUM repo.
> YUM has no idea about Maven GAVs and Nexus has no way to store or handle
> YUM metadata.

Nexus has a hefty amount of plugins. Some of them do provide additional
repository functionality. For instance, "Site repository" is also a
non-Maven type of repo, more akin to the "general-purpose HTTP
location". And it is implemented via a plugin. Same story for YUM/RPM, I
guess.

Nix.