Your project website

Andrew Wetmore
Hi:

I am part of the Infrastructure team, and am writing to ask whether your
project is still using the Apache CMS for your project website. As you
know, the CMS is reaching end-of-life, and we need projects to move their
websites onto a different option within the next few weeks.

There are several alternatives available, including those listed on this
page [1] on managing project websites. Infra is assembling a Wiki page [2]
on migrating a website from the CMS, and is looking forward to helping
projects with this transition.

Please let me know whether your site is still on the Apache CMS and, if so,
who will be the project point-of-contact with Infra for the migration.

Thank you!

[1] https://infra.apache.org/project-site.html

[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Migrate+your+project+website+from+the+Apache+CMS

--
Andrew Wetmore
Technical Writer-Editor

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Re: Your project website

Andrew Wetmore
Hi:

I wrote to you two weeks ago about your project website, but have not seen
a response. Whom should I contact directly? I am trying to see whether your
project still uses the Apache CMS and, if so, what your plans are to
migrate off it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andrew

--
Andrew Wetmore
Technical Writer-Editor
Infra
*Apache Software Foundation*

Re: Your project website

olamy
Hi Andrew & Infra
We (maven-dev) wonder what does it mean with using Apache CMS?
As far as we can see, we only generate content and commit it to a svn
directory.
Maybe not for the root part of the website (sources are here
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-site.git) which is triggered in
buildbot?
Please let us know if it's part you refer as our usage of Apache CMS
Thanks
Olivier

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 at 9:54 pm, Andrew Wetmore <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I wrote to you two weeks ago about your project website, but have not seen
> a response. Whom should I contact directly? I am trying to see whether your
> project still uses the Apache CMS and, if so, what your plans are to
> migrate off it.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Andrew
>
> On Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 9:35 AM Andrew Wetmore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi:
>>
>> I am part of the Infrastructure team, and am writing to ask whether your
>> project is still using the Apache CMS for your project website. As you
>> know, the CMS is reaching end-of-life, and we need projects to move their
>> websites onto a different option within the next few weeks.
>>
>> There are several alternatives available, including those listed on this
>> page [1] on managing project websites. Infra is assembling a Wiki page [2]
>> on migrating a website from the CMS, and is looking forward to helping
>> projects with this transition.
>>
>> Please let me know whether your site is still on the Apache CMS and, if
>> so, who will be the project point-of-contact with Infra for the migration.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>

>> [1] https://infra.apache.org/project-site.html
>>
>> [2]
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Migrate+your+project+website+from+the+Apache+CMS
>>

>> --
>> Andrew Wetmore
>> Technical Writer-Editor
>> Infra
>> *Apache Software Foundation*
>> [hidden email]

>> <#m_7218770601526193449_m_2382004626366778703_m_1277653308293069744_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>>

> --
> Andrew Wetmore
> Technical Writer-Editor
> Infra
> *Apache Software Foundation*

Re: Your project website

Manfred Moser-4
I guess we just need confirmation that the fact that CMS goes away does not include svnpubsub/subversion...

Manfred