Which version should maven-shared-utils have?

Which version should maven-shared-utils have?

Dennis Lundberg-2
Hi again,

While I was digging in VCS history I discovered something odd with
maven-shared-utils. The current trunk/head in git has version
3.3.0-SNAPSHOT.  But maven-shared-utils 3.3.0 was tagged during a release
in 2017...
https://github.com/apache/maven-shared-utils/tree/029ac4ec7b6636e8c1d3230799be624ba769e4cf/

After that release, work was done and a patch version 3.2.1 was released,
setting the next version to 3.2.2-SNAPSHOT. However that was recently
changed to 3.3.0-SNAPSHOT in
https://github.com/apache/maven-shared-utils/commit/87da81f880be3ad32080e4d2176e280958aff2d7

So, to avoid any potentially failed future release attempts I would like to
set the version to 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT, unless anyone objects.

Someone who has worked on this component should have a look in JIRA, and
decide whether to mark the Release maven-shared-utils-3.3.0 as Released.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MSHARED/versions/12342756

Dennis Lundberg

Re: Which version should maven-shared-utils have?

Dennis Lundberg-2
Hi,

Even though the release of 3.3.0 might have been a failed one, there is a
tag in version control for it. Someone could have taken that code and built
the component themselves, and added it to their own local repository. We
could remove the tag from version control now, but apart from being bad
practice it would not solve that problem.

Besides that version numbers are cheap :)

--
Dennis Lundberg