When USA takes to give news about the fiancee visa?

When USA takes to give news about the fiancee visa?

whatmore
I am Spanish and my american boyfriend gave USCIS requirements for giving me the fiancee visa and will get marrywith him in California, if you've gone through this process, I wonder how long it takes to give you any news of the process, my data requirements he send them for a month and a half ... take long to say something? I know that the whole process are 6 or 7 months but I want to know when they give some first news about this process, I want to prepare the next step, information for the USA embassy in my country (Spain)
please help me!