Quantcast

What value do I set M2_REPO to?

siegfried

I've been reading http://mojo.codehaus.org/pde-maven-plugin/ and
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ide-eclipse.html and I'm not sure
which page I want.

What does the latter page mean when it says "Eclipse needs to know the path
to the local maven repository. Therefore the classpath variable M2_REPO has
to be set."

Can someone explain this? What is M2_REPO and what value should I set it to?

I downloaded the code for the book "Spring in Action" Edition 2 and  noticed
"mvn test" successfully downloaded the necessary files and ran the unit
tests. I want to use eclipse to look at the source code and maybe edit it.
Is http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ide-eclipse.html the page I
want?

Thanks,

siegfried

Re: What value do I set M2_REPO to?

Alexander Sack
Your Maven 2 repository which on windows would be:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\.m2\repository

etc.

-aps

"What lies behind us and what lies in front of us is of little concern to
what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: What value do I set M2_REPO to?

0b10n3
Hi,

on Linux/*nix is: