What is the difference between Nexus Deployment Role and Nexus Development Role

What is the difference between Nexus Deployment Role and Nexus Development Role

tallandtree
Hi all,
I fail to see the difference between the Nexus Deployment Role and the Nexus Development Role. But I might be missing something. Does anyone know what is the difference (or why there are two roles with same privileges) as in our Nexus OSS the derived Roles/Privileges of both roles are exactly the same and cannot be edited.

Nexus Deployment Role:
- Nexus Anonymous Role
- UI: Base UI Privileges
- API-Key Access

Nexus Development Role:
- Nexus Deployment Role
- UI: Base UI Privileges

Thanks,
Mariska.

Re: What is the difference between Nexus Deployment Role and Nexus Development Role

Rich Seddon
Hi Mariska,

Use the deployment role. The developer role really should be removed, but we can't do it because there are undoubtedly lots of instances out there that depend on it.

Rich