What about starting a Slack Channel for Maven Dev Community ?

What about starting a Slack Channel for Maven Dev Community ?

Enrico Olivelli
Hi,
At Apache BookKeeper we are using a Slack channel as 'chat' and it is
working very well.

it is more useful that IRC, messages are persistent, there are email
notifications, mentions....

Did you ever evaluated starting a Slack Channel for Maven community ?

ASF provides support and a simplified subscription flow for committers.

I know that important messages must be recorded on ASF mailing lists, but
having a chat is very cool and it works very well

This is the example at BookKeeper
http://bookkeeper.apache.org/community/slack/

Cheers
Enrico

Re: What about starting a Slack Channel for Maven Dev Community ?

olamy
Try the-asf.slack.com

Olivier Lamy

Re: What about starting a Slack Channel for Maven Dev Community ?

Enrico Olivelli
I have subscribed to the channel, it would be great for other Maven
committers to join

Unfortunately that channel is only for people with an apache.org email
(committers of any project)
It is not the right place for users/contributors, this is the reason why at
BookKeeper we have another channel open to the public

Enrico

Il mer 28 feb 2018, 13:39 Enrico Olivelli <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

>> It looks the bookkeeper is not using the official Apache slack.
>>
>> Please use the I just sent
>>

> Okay I will subscribe the one you sent (the-asf).
>
> Once I have a clear idea of the problem of the duplicate I will notify
> guys subscribed to that strage account "theasf", without '-'.
>

> I will  report to BookKeeper about the existance of that official channel.
> I think that in BK community there was a previous story. In that case the
> Slask account is apachebookkeeper.slack.com and is it totally separate.
>
> Thank you
>
> Enrico

>> my
>> > id

>> > Sorry Olivier, I can't find you or even a Maven channel on ASF Slack
>> >
>> > Enrico

>> the

>> [hidden email]>

>> it