[VOTE] Requests to add to scheduled Maven CORE Release

[VOTE] Requests to add to scheduled Maven CORE Release

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi to all Devs,

* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6492 review ok

   To be honstest I see only a question about the details of it
   by Michael Osipov. Nor do I see any implemented
   code changes etc.

   From my point of view no reason to postpone the release.

   In the end: -1 postpone to next release

* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6490 Karl, can You review?

   I would like to have the opinion of other devs as well.

   From my point view Ok to merge: +1 from me.

* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6069 also for review

   Unfortunately the IT's tell us there are issues also
   on the fix/MNG-6096 branch which tells me it is not
   that simple as expected.

   From my point of view: -1 postpone to next release

* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5693 code for review
   + few ITs failed to changed output [2] ITs needs to be adjusted.

   @Sylwester: Can you can create an appropriate branch in IT's
               so we check if eveything works as expected.

* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6481

   From my point of view -1 cause for the release not critical.

   This means to postpone it to the next release.

   More important if core is working fine with JDK11 which is
   the case.

* quote from Sylwester: I also verified release with Synk.io
   and we have only one report to upgrade Guava [4] to
   version 24.1.1 or above (now with Guice 4.2 we use 23.6)

   I have created MNG-6497 for this.
   See what IT's etc. will tell us.

   If all IT's are Ok I will VOTE: +1 for that.

   If I read the description I would say it is not really
   important for Maven Core cause as far as I know we don't
   do any serialization etc.

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

[4]: https://app.snyk.io/vuln/SNYK-JAVA-COMGOOGLEGUAVA-32236

Re: [VOTE] Requests to add to scheduled Maven CORE Release

rfscholte
See inline comments

Robert

On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 20:11:14 +0200, Karl Heinz Marbaise
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi to all Devs,
>
> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6492 review ok
>
>    To be honstest I see only a question about the details of it
>    by Michael Osipov. Nor do I see any implemented
>    code changes etc.
>
>    From my point of view no reason to postpone the release.
>
>    In the end: -1 postpone to next release

IIRC some addAll-methods have been replaced with single add-methods,
because they could cause some exception (I guess
ConcurrentModificationException) when elements were added while some other
process was trying to read.
Assuming we all know about the addAll I guess there was a good reason to
write it like this, little bit of shame there's no comment...

> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6490 Karl, can You review?
>
>    I would like to have the opinion of other devs as well.
>
>    From my point view Ok to merge: +1 from me.

It is not circular, but awkward as the dependency is part of the build of
this project. If it used to work, well, I guess we should accept it. It
doesn't really hurt, but I think there's a better solution possible.

> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6069 also for review
>
>    Unfortunately the IT's tell us there are issues also
>    on the fix/MNG-6096 branch which tells me it is not
>    that simple as expected.
>
>    From my point of view: -1 postpone to next release

Agree

> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5693 code for review
>    + few ITs failed to changed output [2] ITs needs to be adjusted.
>
>    @Sylwester: Can you can create an appropriate branch in IT's
>                so we check if eveything works as expected.

Would have been a nice to have, we can do this later.

> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6481
>
>    From my point of view -1 cause for the release not critical.
>
>    This means to postpone it to the next release.
>
>    More important if core is working fine with JDK11 which is
>    the case.

Agree, support Java 11 runtime is much more important