Quantcast

[VOTE] Release Maven Release Plugin version 2.3

[VOTE] Release Maven Release Plugin version 2.3

Robert Scholte-3
Hi,

I'd like to release the maven-release-plugin 2.3

We solved 22 issues:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11144&version=18334

There are still a couple of issues left in JIRA:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=11144&status=1

Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-053/

Staging site:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin-2.3/ (once synced)

Guide to testing staged releases:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Thanks,

-Robert

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Release Plugin version 2.3

ljnelson
On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 6:15 PM, Robert Scholte <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to release the maven-release-plugin 2.3

Huge non-binding +1 (and kudos) largely because of
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-128.  Thanks!

Best,
Laird

http://about.me/lairdnelson

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Release Plugin version 2.3

ChrisGWarp
Do I get to vote on this?

If so, +1 from me. The jazz stuff works perfectly.

Ta.

-Chris

Sent from my iPhone

On 08/05/2012, at 8:15 AM, "Robert Scholte" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to release the maven-release-plugin 2.3
>
> We solved 22 issues:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11144&version=18334
>
> There are still a couple of issues left in JIRA:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=11144&status=1
>
> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-053/
>
> Staging site:
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin-2.3/ (once synced)
>
> Guide to testing staged releases:
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>
> Vote open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>

> Thanks,
>
> -Robert

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Release Plugin version 2.3

Mirko Friedenhagen-2
Hello Robert,

+1 (non-binding) for the plugin I tested release:prepate with one of
my pet projects and http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-723 seems
to work (at least for GIT :-)) and another project using subversion
seems to work as well (i.e. does not change the 2.2.2 behavior).

-1 (non-binding) for the site at
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin-2.3/. Looks
really weird and misses images and stylesheets though I do not know
whether this is a sync problem only. This is what Firefox's Webconsole
says:

[17:10:09.089] GET
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin-2.3/prepare-mojo.html
[HTTP/1.1 200 OK 35ms]
[17:10:09.139] GET
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin-2.3/css/print.css
[HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found 22ms]
[17:10:09.141] GET http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js [HTTP/1.1
304 Not Modified 46ms]
[17:10:09.144] GET
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin-2.3/images/logos/maven-feather.png
[HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found 45ms]
[17:10:09.155] GET
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin-2.3/css/maven-base.css
[HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found 52ms]
[17:10:09.158] GET
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin-2.3/css/maven-theme.css
[HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found 53ms]
[17:10:09.160] GET
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin-2.3/css/site.css
[HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found 53ms]
[17:10:09.223] GET http://www.google-analytics.com/__utm.gif?XXXXX
[HTTP/1.1 200 OK 59ms]
[17:10:09.238] GET
http://maven.apache.org/images/apache-maven-project-2.png [HTTP/1.1
304 Not Modified 12ms]
[17:10:09.240] GET http://maven.apache.org/images/maven-logo-2.gif
[HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified 11ms]
[17:10:09.243] GET
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin-2.3/images/logos/maven-feather.png
[HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found 21ms]

Regards Mirko
--
http://illegalstateexception.blogspot.com/
https://github.com/mfriedenhagen/

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 3:51 PM, Chris Graham <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Do I get to vote on this?
>
> If so, +1 from me. The jazz stuff works perfectly.
>
> Ta.
>
> -Chris
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 08/05/2012, at 8:15 AM, "Robert Scholte" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd like to release the maven-release-plugin 2.3
>>
>> We solved 22 issues:
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11144&version=18334
>>
>> There are still a couple of issues left in JIRA:
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=11144&status=1
>>
>> Staging repo:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-053/
>>
>> Staging site:
>> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin-2.3/ (once synced)
>>
>> Guide to testing staged releases:
>> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>>
>> Vote open for 72 hours.
>>
>> [ ] +1
>> [ ] +0
>> [ ] -1
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> -Robert

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Release Plugin version 2.3

Olivier Lamy
+1
I imagine (hope :-) ), you will publish the site from the tag so no issue.

2012/5/8 Robert Scholte <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to release the maven-release-plugin 2.3
>
> We solved 22 issues:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11144&version=18334
>
> There are still a couple of issues left in JIRA:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=11144&status=1
>
> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-053/
>
> Staging site:
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin-2.3/ (once synced)
>
> Guide to testing staged releases:
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>
> Vote open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>

> Thanks,
>
> -Robert

Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Release Plugin version 2.3

+1

the site problem seems like a sync issue:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin-2.3/css/ is empty, but
p.a.o contains files
I just touch-ed files to force a new sync, the site should be fixed in a couple
of hours (without re-generating anything)

Le mardi 8 mai 2012 00:15:21 Robert Scholte a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to release the maven-release-plugin 2.3
>
> We solved 22 issues:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11144&version=183
> 34
>
> There are still a couple of issues left in JIRA:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=11144&sta
> tus=1
>
> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-053/
>
> Staging site:
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin-2.3/ (once synced)
>
> Guide to testing staged releases:
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>
> Vote open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>

> Thanks,
>
> -Robert

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Release Plugin version 2.3

Mark Struberg

+1 (binding)

Just a small note:
Please always also link to the source-release as this is what the ASF primarily ships. All other artifacts are only nice to have goodies (in the legal aspect).

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-053/org/apache/maven/release/maven-release/2.3/maven-release-2.3-source-release.zip

LieGrue,
strub

> the site problem seems like a sync issue:
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin-2.3/css/ is empty, but
> p.a.o contains files
> I just touch-ed files to force a new sync, the site should be fixed in a couple
> of hours (without re-generating anything)
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> Le mardi 8 mai 2012 00:15:21 Robert Scholte a écrit :
>>  Hi,
>>
>>  I'd like to release the maven-release-plugin 2.3
>>
>>  We solved 22 issues:
>>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11144&version=183
>>  34
>>
>>  There are still a couple of issues left in JIRA:
>>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=11144&sta
>>  tus=1
>>
>>  Staging repo:
>>  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-053/
>>
>>  Staging site:
>>  http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin-2.3/ (once synced)
>>
>>  Guide to testing staged releases:
>>  http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>>
>>  Vote open for 72 hours.
>>
>>  [ ] +1
>>  [ ] +0
>>  [ ] -1
>>

>>  Thanks,
>>
>>  -Robert

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Release Plugin version 2.3

Robert Scholte-3
+1

Op Thu, 10 May 2012 08:54:27 +0200 schreef Mark Struberg
<[hidden email]>:

> +1 (binding)
>
> Just a small note:
> Please always also link to the source-release as this is what the ASF
> primarily ships. All other artifacts are only nice to have goodies (in
> the legal aspect).
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-053/org/apache/maven/release/maven-release/2.3/maven-release-2.3-source-release.zip
>

> LieGrue,
> strub

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Maven Release Plugin version 2.3

Robert Scholte-3
Hi,

The vote has passed with the following result :

+1 (binding): Olivier Lamy, Hervé Boutemy, Mark Struberg, Robert Scholte
+1 (non binding): Laird Nelson, Chris Graham, Mirko Friedenhagen

I will promote the artifacts to the central repo.

Thanks for the votes!

Robert Scholte

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Maven Release Plugin version 2.3

Robert Scholte-3
Hi,

Some final notes:

@Laird, thanks, this is indeed one of the most important fixes.
@Chris, as you might have noticed you have a non-binding vote. Every
feedback is appreciated.
@Hervé, thanks for fixing the site as mentioned by Mirko.
@Mark, I've adjusted the VOTE-template for the next time.

-Robert

Op Fri, 11 May 2012 00:17:30 +0200 schreef Robert Scholte
<[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> The vote has passed with the following result :
>
> +1 (binding): Olivier Lamy, Hervé Boutemy, Mark Struberg, Robert Scholte
> +1 (non binding): Laird Nelson, Chris Graham, Mirko Friedenhagen
>
> I will promote the artifacts to the central repo.
>
> Thanks for the votes!
>
> Robert Scholte

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Maven Release Plugin version 2.3

ChrisGWarp
I did notice that! Thanks!

And thanks to everyone for helping me get my first (hopefully of many) contributions through to the process!

-Chris

Sent from my iPhone

On 11/05/2012, at 8:26 AM, "Robert Scholte" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some final notes:
>
> @Laird, thanks, this is indeed one of the most important fixes.
> @Chris, as you might have noticed you have a non-binding vote. Every feedback is appreciated.
> @Hervé, thanks for fixing the site as mentioned by Mirko.
> @Mark, I've adjusted the VOTE-template for the next time.
>
> -Robert
>

> Op Fri, 11 May 2012 00:17:30 +0200 schreef Robert Scholte <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The vote has passed with the following result :
>>
>> +1 (binding): Olivier Lamy, Hervé Boutemy, Mark Struberg, Robert Scholte
>> +1 (non binding): Laird Nelson, Chris Graham, Mirko Friedenhagen
>>
>> I will promote the artifacts to the central repo.
>>
>> Thanks for the votes!
>>
>> Robert Scholte

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Maven Release Plugin version 2.3

Mark Struberg

Every patch and feedback is welcome Chris, especially if it is of good quality and already has a unit test showing the problem ;)

Most of us are working on maven just for fun and do not get paid for it, so we appreciate every additional helping hand!

txs and LieGrue,
strub

PS: also thanks for Robert for pushing the maven-release

I was spoiled. I've been able to work on it, with the blessings of the IBM labs and get paid for it. It doesn't get better! :-)

But (I 'm sure in come as no surprise) I can not tell you enough how many thousands of hours (and hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of dollars) maven and especially the release plugin has saved me and my (IBM's) clients respectively. Yes, I just did the calcs; it's in the millions (pity I don't get a percentage).

So from single jars to large scale SOA engagements with WebSphere Portal Server, Process Server and Message Broker, maven has made a huge difference.

It's embedded meta data has certainly saved me a lot of pain on (SCM) audits! :-)

Thanks to all!

-Chris

Sent from my iPhone