[VOTE] Release Apache Maven JMod Plugin version 3.0.0-alpha-1 (First Public Release)

[VOTE] Release Apache Maven JMod Plugin version 3.0.0-alpha-1 (First Public Release)

this is the VOTE for the first public release for Maven JMod Plugin...

We solved 1 issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12321433&version=12341363

There are currently no issues left in JIRA.

If you have any issue to report please open an issue in JIRA
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MJMOD

Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1361/

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1361/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-jmod-plugin/3.0.0-alpha-1/maven-jmod-plugin-3.0.0-alpha-1-source-release.zip

Source release checksum(s):
[NAME-OF]-source-release.zip sha1: 8002767f6cffc7bbbcf76a8e7f0c1799a42caf93

Staging site:
https://maven.apache.org/plugins-archives/maven-jmod-plugin-LATEST/

Guide to testing staged releases:
https://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html

Vote open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven JMod Plugin version 3.0.0-alpha-1 (First Public Release) Take 2

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi Robert,

On 17/09/17 10:54, Robert Scholte wrote:

> -1
>
> https://maven.apache.org/plugins-archives/maven-jmod-plugin-LATEST/list-mojo.html
>
> https://maven.apache.org/plugins-archives/maven-jmod-plugin-LATEST/describe-mojo.html
>
> So here's where the moduleName is used:
> Better not to have a default value here, it is VERY unlikely that it is
> the artifactId, in fact, it shouldn't (it's like making the groupId the
> same as the artifactId).
> Only if there's a module descriptor you can use that name.

Ah sure...

So If I correctly get this..in case for jmod list/describe only the name
of the jmod file is needed ?

First would be to prevent confusions and to name the parameter
"jmodFileName" ?

And take the default artifactId cause usually they will be named like
this...and if the name is different you have to explicitly set it...

Furthermore the question is: Should I assume having a jmod file are
being located in "target/jmods/" directory as default ?

> https://maven.apache.org/plugins-archives/maven-jmod-plugin-LATEST/create-mojo.html
>
> Still show the classpath, shouldn't be a parameter.

The --class-path option should be set to the classpathElements which has
been calclulated by preparePaths() method if I correctly understand ?

So the parameter can be completeley removed ?