[VOTE] Release Apache Maven JMod Plugin version 3.0.0-alpha-1 (First Public Release) Take 2

[VOTE] Release Apache Maven JMod Plugin version 3.0.0-alpha-1 (First Public Release) Take 2

this is the VOTE for the first public release for Maven JMod Plugin...

We solved 3 issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12321433&version=12341363

There are currently no issues left in JIRA.

If you have any issue to report please open an issue in JIRA
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MJMOD

Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1368/

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1368/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-jmod-plugin/3.0.0-alpha-1/maven-jmod-plugin-3.0.0-alpha-1-source-release.zip

Source release checksum(s):
maven-jmod-plugin-3.0.0-alpha-1-source-release.zip sha1:
3ba47cb30af765b6e67fbf16ccee50dbdac29142

Staging site:
https://maven.apache.org/plugins-archives/maven-jmod-plugin-LATEST/

Guide to testing staged releases:
https://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html

Vote open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven JMod Plugin version 3.0.0-alpha-1 (First Public Release) Take 2

rfscholte
On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 11:30:05 +0200, Karl Heinz Marbaise
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> On 17/09/17 10:54, Robert Scholte wrote:
>> -1
>>
>> https://maven.apache.org/plugins-archives/maven-jmod-plugin-LATEST/list-mojo.html
>>
>> https://maven.apache.org/plugins-archives/maven-jmod-plugin-LATEST/describe-mojo.html
>>  So here's where the moduleName is used:
>> Better not to have a default value here, it is VERY unlikely that it is
>> the artifactId, in fact, it shouldn't (it's like making the groupId the
>> same as the artifactId).
>> Only if there's a module descriptor you can use that name.
>
> Ah sure...
>
> So If I correctly get this..in case for jmod list/describe only the name
> of the jmod file is needed ?
>
> First would be to prevent confusions and to name the parameter
> "jmodFileName" ?

I'm not sure how these goals are going to be used. Will it be used on
"this" project or any jmod artifact? Or both? For the first I would use
the project.build.finalName + ".jmod", for the latter the GAV?

> And take the default artifactId cause usually they will be named like
> this...and if the name is different you have to explicitly set it...
>
> Furthermore the question is: Should I assume having a jmod file are
> being located in "target/jmods/" directory as default ?

I guess this depends on what's configured for the create-goal, but IIRC
/target is not allowed because it is not an empty directory, so
target/jmods makes sense to me.

>> https://maven.apache.org/plugins-archives/maven-jmod-plugin-LATEST/create-mojo.html
>>  Still show the classpath, shouldn't be a parameter.
>
> The --class-path option should be set to the classpathElements which has
> been calclulated by preparePaths() method if I correctly understand ?
>
> So the parameter can be completeley removed ?

That's what I would expect. You feed all the project dependency artifacts
( = jars ) to the LocationManager, which will decide where they belong to.

>>  Latest commits already improved the plugin a lot, we're almost there.
>>  thanks,
>> Robert
>>  On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 21:12:16 +0200, Karl Heinz Marbaise
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> this is the VOTE for the first public release for Maven JMod Plugin...
>>>
>>> We solved 3 issues:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12321433&version=12341363
>>> There are currently no issues left in JIRA.
>>>
>>> If you have any issue to report please open an issue in JIRA
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MJMOD
>>>
>>> Staging repo:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1368/
>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1368/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-jmod-plugin/3.0.0-alpha-1/maven-jmod-plugin-3.0.0-alpha-1-source-release.zip
>>> Source release checksum(s):
>>> maven-jmod-plugin-3.0.0-alpha-1-source-release.zip sha1:
>>> 3ba47cb30af765b6e67fbf16ccee50dbdac29142
>>>
>>> Staging site:
>>> https://maven.apache.org/plugins-archives/maven-jmod-plugin-LATEST/
>>>
>>> Guide to testing staged releases:
>>> https://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>>>
>>> Vote open for at least 72 hours.
>>>
>>> [ ] +1
>>> [ ] +0
>>> [ ] -1

[CANCELED] [VOTE] Release Apache Maven JMod Plugin version 3.0.0-alpha-1 (First Public Release) Take 2

I cancel the VOTE based on the issues found.

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise