[VOTE] Release Apache Maven Checkstyle Plugin version 3.0.0

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[VOTE] Release Apache Maven Checkstyle Plugin version 3.0.0

rfscholte
Hi,

We solved 13 issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12317223&version=12334384&styleName=Text

There are still a couple of issues left in JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%2012317223%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20ORDER%20BY%20key%20DESC%2C%20priority%20DESC

Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1388
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1388/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/3.0.0/maven-checkstyle-plugin-3.0.0-source-release.zip

Source release checksum(s):
maven-checkstyle-plugin-3.0.0-source-release.zip sha1:  
bcfdd2890b5490aa09b9888cc1c1d2d6ed403cbf

Staging site:
https://maven.apache.org/plugins-archives/maven-checkstyle-plugin-LATEST/

Guide to testing staged releases:
https://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html

Vote open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven Checkstyle Plugin version 3.0.0

Sylwester Lachiewicz
+1 (non binding)

Tested to build latest Maven snapshot and checkstyle project.

Sylwester

czw., 4 sty 2018 o 11:27 użytkownik Robert Scholte <[hidden email]>
napisał:

> Hi,
>
> We solved 13 issues:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12317223&version=12334384&styleName=Text
>
> There are still a couple of issues left in JIRA:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%2012317223%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20ORDER%20BY%20key%20DESC%2C%20priority%20DESC
>
> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1388
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1388/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/3.0.0/maven-checkstyle-plugin-3.0.0-source-release.zip
>
> Source release checksum(s):
> maven-checkstyle-plugin-3.0.0-source-release.zip sha1:
> bcfdd2890b5490aa09b9888cc1c1d2d6ed403cbf
>
> Staging site:
> https://maven.apache.org/plugins-archives/maven-checkstyle-plugin-LATEST/
>
> Guide to testing staged releases:
> https://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>
> Vote open for at least 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven Checkstyle Plugin version 3.0.0

Hervé BOUTEMY
In reply to this post by rfscholte
+1

Regards,

Hervé

Le jeudi 4 janvier 2018, 11:27:02 CET Robert Scholte a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> We solved 13 issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12317223&ve
> rsion=12334384&styleName=Text
>
> There are still a couple of issues left in JIRA:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%2012317223%20AND%20
> status%20%3D%20Open%20ORDER%20BY%20key%20DESC%2C%20priority%20DESC
>
> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1388
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1388/org/apache/mav
> en/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/3.0.0/maven-checkstyle-plugin-3.0.0-sourc
> e-release.zip
>
> Source release checksum(s):
> maven-checkstyle-plugin-3.0.0-source-release.zip sha1:
> bcfdd2890b5490aa09b9888cc1c1d2d6ed403cbf
>
> Staging site:
> https://maven.apache.org/plugins-archives/maven-checkstyle-plugin-LATEST/
>
> Guide to testing staged releases:
> https://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>
> Vote open for at least 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven Checkstyle Plugin version 3.0.0

Stephane Nicoll
+1

Thanks,
S.


On Sun, Jan 7, 2018 at 8:20 AM, Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> Le jeudi 4 janvier 2018, 11:27:02 CET Robert Scholte a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > We solved 13 issues:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?
> projectId=12317223&ve
> > rsion=12334384&styleName=Text
> >
> > There are still a couple of issues left in JIRA:
> > <a href="https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%">https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%
> 3D%2012317223%20AND%20
> > status%20%3D%20Open%20ORDER%20BY%20key%20DESC%2C%20priority%20DESC
> >
> > Staging repo:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1388
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-
> 1388/org/apache/mav
> > en/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/3.0.0/maven-checkstyle-
> plugin-3.0.0-sourc
> > e-release.zip
> >
> > Source release checksum(s):
> > maven-checkstyle-plugin-3.0.0-source-release.zip sha1:
> > bcfdd2890b5490aa09b9888cc1c1d2d6ed403cbf
> >
> > Staging site:
> > https://maven.apache.org/plugins-archives/maven-
> checkstyle-plugin-LATEST/
> >
> > Guide to testing staged releases:
> > https://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
> >
> > Vote open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > [ ] +1
> > [ ] +0
> > [ ] -1
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven Checkstyle Plugin version 3.0.0

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
In reply to this post by rfscholte
Hi,

So I have tested the following combinations:

jdk1.7.0_79.jdk
   apache-maven-3.0.5..Unpacking done.Building fine.
   apache-maven-3.1.1..Unpacking done.Building fine.
   apache-maven-3.2.5..Unpacking done.Building fine.
   apache-maven-3.3.1..Unpacking done.Building fine.
   apache-maven-3.3.9..Unpacking done.Building fine.
   apache-maven-3.5.0..Unpacking done.Building fine.
   apache-maven-3.5.2..Unpacking done.Building fine.
jdk1.8.0_131.jdk
   apache-maven-3.0.5..Unpacking done.Building fine.
   apache-maven-3.1.1..Unpacking done.Building fine.
   apache-maven-3.2.5..Unpacking done.Building fine.
   apache-maven-3.3.1..Unpacking done.Building fine.
   apache-maven-3.3.9..Unpacking done.Building fine.
   apache-maven-3.5.0..Unpacking done.Building fine.
   apache-maven-3.5.2..Unpacking done.Building fine.
jdk1.8.0_144.jdk
   apache-maven-3.0.5..Unpacking done.Building fine.
   apache-maven-3.1.1..Unpacking done.Building fine.
   apache-maven-3.2.5..Unpacking done.Building fine.
   apache-maven-3.3.1..Unpacking done.Building fine.
   apache-maven-3.3.9..Unpacking done.Building fine.
   apache-maven-3.5.0..Unpacking done.Building fine.
   apache-maven-3.5.2..Unpacking done.Building fine.
jdk-9.0.1.jdk
   apache-maven-3.0.5..Unpacking done.Building failed.
   apache-maven-3.1.1..Unpacking done.Building failed.
   apache-maven-3.2.5..Unpacking done.Building fine.
   apache-maven-3.3.1..Unpacking done.Building fine.
   apache-maven-3.3.9..Unpacking done.Building fine.
   apache-maven-3.5.0..Unpacking done.Building fine.
   apache-maven-3.5.2..Unpacking done.Building fine.

JDK 9 and Maven 3.0.5 and 3.1.1 failing with this:
...
[INFO] --- maven-invoker-plugin:2.0.0:verify (integration-test) @
maven-checkstyle-plugin ---
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Build Summary:
[INFO]   Passed: 37, Failed: 2, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] The following builds failed:
[ERROR] *  MCHECKSTYLE-332_cache-checker/pom.xml
[ERROR] *  MCHECKSTYLE-338/pom.xml
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------

where in detail the MCHECKSTYLE-332_cache-checker failure with the
following message which is the same for MCHECKSTYLE-338:

[INFO]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-checkstyle-plugin:3.0.0:checkstyle
(default-cli) on project check-pass: Execution default-cli of goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-checkstyle-plugin:3.0.0:checkstyle
failed: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-checkstyle-plugin:3.0.0 or
one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact
com.sun:tools:jar:1.7.0 at specified path
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.1.jdk/Contents/Home/../lib/tools.jar
-> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to
execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-checkstyle-plugin:3.0.0:checkstyle
(default-cli) on project check-pass: Execution default-cli of goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-checkstyle-plugin:3.0.0:checkstyle
failed: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-checkstyle-plugin:3.0.0 or
one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact
com.sun:tools:jar:1.7.0 at specified path
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.1.jdk/Contents/Home/../lib/tools.jar
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:224)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.Moj



It looks like the dependency
(com.puppycrawl.tools:checkstyle:jar:6.16:runtime) in the IT is using
tools.jar as dependency (system scoped) which fails this in JDK 9...

I don't see any reason to block this release. I think this is a cleanup
for the next release..

Furthermore we get the JDK9 warning for the groovy libs used in invoker:

[INFO] run script verify.groovy
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by
org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedClass$3$1
(file:/Users/kama/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/groovy/groovy/2.0.1/groovy-2.0.1.jar)
to method java.lang.Object.finalize()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of
org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedClass$3$1
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal
reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

What I find strange is that in Maven 3.2.5, 3.3.9, 3.5.0 and 3.5.2 the
IT's are working (Are there any changes related to system scope
dependencies/handling/resolution?)

+1 from me

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

On 04/01/18 11:27, Robert Scholte wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We solved 13 issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12317223&version=12334384&styleName=Text 
>
>
> There are still a couple of issues left in JIRA:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%2012317223%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20ORDER%20BY%20key%20DESC%2C%20priority%20DESC 
>
>
> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1388
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1388/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/3.0.0/maven-checkstyle-plugin-3.0.0-source-release.zip 
>
>
> Source release checksum(s):
> maven-checkstyle-plugin-3.0.0-source-release.zip sha1:
> bcfdd2890b5490aa09b9888cc1c1d2d6ed403cbf
>
> Staging site:
> https://maven.apache.org/plugins-archives/maven-checkstyle-plugin-LATEST/
>
> Guide to testing staged releases:
> https://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>
> Vote open for at least 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]