[VOTE] JDK 8 Minimum Requirement for Maven 3.7.0

[VOTE] JDK 8 Minimum Requirement for Maven 3.7.0

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi to all,

based on the discusion this is the formal VOTE to lift the minimum of
Maven Core with version 3.7.0 to JDK 8 minimum.

Vote open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: [VOTE] JDK 8 Minimum Requirement for Maven 3.7.0

+1 from me.

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

On 29.10.19 21:11, Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> based on the discusion this is the formal VOTE to lift the minimum of
> Maven Core with version 3.7.0 to JDK 8 minimum.
>
> Vote open for at least 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>

> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: [VOTE] JDK 8 Minimum Requirement for Maven 3.7.0

Romain Manni-Bucau
+1 (non binding)

Le mar. 29 oct. 2019 à 21:12, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

> Hi,
>
> +1 from me.
>
> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>
> On 29.10.19 21:11, Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote:
> > Hi to all,
> >
> > based on the discusion this is the formal VOTE to lift the minimum of
> > Maven Core with version 3.7.0 to JDK 8 minimum.
> >
> > Vote open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > [ ] +1
> > [ ] +0
> > [ ] -1
> >

> > Kind regards
> > Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: [VOTE] JDK 8 Minimum Requirement for Maven 3.7.0

Gary Gregory-2
non-binding +1

Gary

On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 4:11 PM Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> based on the discusion this is the formal VOTE to lift the minimum of
> Maven Core with version 3.7.0 to JDK 8 minimum.
>
> Vote open for at least 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>

> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: [VOTE] JDK 8 Minimum Requirement for Maven 3.7.0

Enrico Olivelli
+1

Enrico

Il mar 29 ott 2019, 21:18 Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> ha
scritto:

> +1 (non binding)
>
> Le mar. 29 oct. 2019 à 21:12, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > +1 from me.
> >
> > Kind regards
> > Karl Heinz Marbaise
> >
> > On 29.10.19 21:11, Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote:
> > > Hi to all,
> > >
> > > based on the discusion this is the formal VOTE to lift the minimum of
> > > Maven Core with version 3.7.0 to JDK 8 minimum.
> > >
> > > Vote open for at least 72 hours.
> > >
> > > [ ] +1
> > > [ ] +0
> > > [ ] -1
> > >

> > > Kind regards
> > > Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: [VOTE] JDK 8 Minimum Requirement for Maven 3.7.0

Francois Papon
+1 (non-binding)

regards,

François
[hidden email]

Le 29/10/2019 à 21:11, Karl Heinz Marbaise a écrit :

> Hi to all,
>
> based on the discusion this is the formal VOTE to lift the minimum of
> Maven Core with version 3.7.0 to JDK 8 minimum.
>
> Vote open for at least 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>

> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: [VOTE] JDK 8 Minimum Requirement for Maven 3.7.0

olamy
+1

On Wed, 30 Oct 2019 at 6:11 am, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> based on the discusion this is the formal VOTE to lift the minimum of
> Maven Core with version 3.7.0 to JDK 8 minimum.
>
> Vote open for at least 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>

> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise

Olivier Lamy

Re: [VOTE] JDK 8 Minimum Requirement for Maven 3.7.0

Mickael Istria-2
+1 from m2e and Tycho POV. Both have already require Java 8 for several
versions anyways, so the target audience is definitely already away from
Java 7.

Re: [VOTE] JDK 8 Minimum Requirement for Maven 3.7.0

Tibor Digana
Karl, I am not happy with this short text because you did not say that we
will turn the code to J8.
There is a plugin automating this transformation.
One man can do it in his private and that's it.
Of course somebody has to execute performance tests.

Without changing the code we would not be eligible for young Java
contributors.
The users can use JDK8-14 since we are not a blocker to use any JDK today
but the topic should be about the code.

So, now it is a bit strange vote.

On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 9:11 PM Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> based on the discusion this is the formal VOTE to lift the minimum of
> Maven Core with version 3.7.0 to JDK 8 minimum.
>
> Vote open for at least 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>

> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: [VOTE] JDK 8 Minimum Requirement for Maven 3.7.0

Tamás Cservenák
+1

On Tue, Oct 29, 2019, 21:11 Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> based on the discusion this is the formal VOTE to lift the minimum of
> Maven Core with version 3.7.0 to JDK 8 minimum.
>
> Vote open for at least 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>

> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: [VOTE] JDK 8 Minimum Requirement for Maven 3.7.0

stephenconnolly
+1

On Tue 29 Oct 2019 at 20:11, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> based on the discusion this is the formal VOTE to lift the minimum of
> Maven Core with version 3.7.0 to JDK 8 minimum.
>
> Vote open for at least 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>

> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise

Sent from my phone

Re: [VOTE] JDK 8 Minimum Requirement for Maven 3.7.0

Arnaud Héritier
+1

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 6:10 PM Gabriel Belingueres <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1
>
> Kind regards
> Gabriel
>
> El mar., 29 de octubre de 2019 17:11, Karl Heinz Marbaise <
> [hidden email]>
> escribió:
>
> > Hi to all,
> >
> > based on the discusion this is the formal VOTE to lift the minimum of
> > Maven Core with version 3.7.0 to JDK 8 minimum.
> >
> > Vote open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > [ ] +1
> > [ ] +0
> > [ ] -1
> >

> > Kind regards
> > Karl Heinz Marbaise

-----
Arnaud Héritier
http://aheritier.net
Mail/GTalk: aheritier AT gmail DOT com
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

Re: [VOTE] JDK 8 Minimum Requirement for Maven 3.7.0

Daniel  Kulp
+1!!!

Dan

> On Oct 29, 2019, at 4:11 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi to all,
>
> based on the discusion this is the formal VOTE to lift the minimum of
> Maven Core with version 3.7.0 to JDK 8 minimum.
>
> Vote open for at least 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>

> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise

Daniel Kulp
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> - http://dankulp.com/blog <http://dankulp.com/blog>
Talend Community Coder - http://talend.com <http://coders.talend.com/>

Re: [VOTE] JDK 8 Minimum Requirement for Maven 3.7.0

Stephane Nicoll
+1

On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 10:11 PM Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> based on the discusion this is the formal VOTE to lift the minimum of
> Maven Core with version 3.7.0 to JDK 8 minimum.
>
> Vote open for at least 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>

> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: [VOTE] JDK 8 Minimum Requirement for Maven 3.7.0

Tibor Digana
0: from me.
The reason is that we did not reach the consensus that we would also have
the benefits when the sources in Maven Core would be converted to J8
including performed some performance tests.