Quantcast

Using nexus p2 repositories with tycho?

TCziens
This post was updated on .
Hello together,

I want to use the Sonatype Nexus repository manager within tycho builds, to share artifacts from our OSGi bundles. I was allready successfull in deploying artifacts to my local nexus 2.0 installation. Trying to resolve dependencies with this nexus repository fails instead. I attached the plugins described on the page "Nexus OSGi Experimental Features" (https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Nexus/Nexus+OSGi+Experimental+Features+-+P2+Repository+Plugin), and included the repository in my pom as <layout>p2</layout> repository.  Regrettably I got a runtime error and the message that no repository could be found at the location published by nexus.

Internal error: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core.ProvisionException: No repository found

If delete the layout p2, tycho does not use this repository to resolve dependencies.

Could you please give me hint what is the correct way to use a nexus p2 repository with tycho? What do I have to enter in the pom to reach the repository?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards
TCziens

Re: Using nexus p2 repositories with tycho?

Jeff MAURY
Did you configure the capabilities for your repository inside Nexus ? And once deplyoyed, do you see a .meta/p2 folder under your Nexus repository ?

Thanks
Jeff

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 10:26 AM, TCziens <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello together,

I want to use the Sonatype Nexus repository manager within tycho builds, to
share artifacts from our OSGi bundles. I was allready successfull in
deploying artifacts to my local nexus 2.0 installation. Trying to resolve
dependencies with this nexus repository fails instead. I attached the
plugins described on the page "Nexus OSGi Experimental Features"
(https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Nexus/Nexus+OSGi+Experimental+Features+-+P2+Repository+Plugin),
and included the repository in my pom as <layout>p2</layout> repository.
Regrettably I got a runtime error and the message that no repository could
be found at the location published by nexus.

Internal error: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core.ProvisionException: No repository found

If delete the layout p2, tycho does not use this repository for resolving
the dependencies.

Could you please give me hint what is the correct way to use a nexus p2
repository with tycho?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards
Thomas Czienskowsky

Jeff MAURY

"Legacy code" often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling.
 - Bjarne Stroustrup

http://www.jeffmaury.com
http://riadiscuss.jeffmaury.com
http://www.twitter.com/jeffmaury

Re: Using nexus p2 repositories with tycho?

TCziens
Yes, I configured capabilities and I also see the .meta/p2 folder in my repository.
Do I have to create manually a category.xml or does nexus perform this task?
How do I have to link the repository for tycho in the pom.xml?

Thanks
TCziens

Re: Using nexus p2 repositories with tycho?

Jeff MAURY
The generated p2 site is available only for resolution for Tycho and is not valid as a P2 update site for Eclipse.
I does handle only bundles and not features.
I have configured my Nexus 2.0 but I have not checked yet if it works (I did it for 2.0-SNAPSHOT and this was ok).

Jeff

http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/file/n5521892/p2MetaData.jpg

http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/file/n5521892/pom.jpg

Jeff MAURY

"Legacy code" often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling.
 - Bjarne Stroustrup

http://www.jeffmaury.com
http://riadiscuss.jeffmaury.com
http://www.twitter.com/jeffmaury

Re: Using nexus p2 repositories with tycho?

TCziens
I only want to use it for the resolution of tycho. But this doesn't work for me, at the moment.
I'm using version 2.0 for all, nexus and plugins version.
The artifacts I want to resolve are bundles, built with packaging "eclipse-plugin".
Perhaps I missed anything in the pom configuration of the repository part? Any other special configuration in the pom?

Thanks for your responses
TCziens

Re: Using nexus p2 repositories with tycho?

Mirko Swillus
Hej,
Am 28.02.2012 16:58, schrieb TCziens:

> I only want to use it for the resolution of tycho. But this doesn't work for
> me, at the moment.

Have you tried using a .target-file pointing to your p2 repository? For
an example just have a look at

http://git.eclipse.org/c/tycho/org.eclipse.tycho.git/tree/tycho-demo/itp04-rcp

and its "target definition" module. If your problems remain, consider
attaching the generated content.xml and artifacts.xml. Regards,

Mirko

[ M i r k o  S w i l l u s ]

    Software Development

    Qualitype AG
    Quality Management Systems | Bioinformatics
    Moritzburger Weg 67 | 01109 Dresden
    fon +49.351.8838 2813 | fax +49.351.8838 2809
    e-mail: [hidden email] | http://www.qualitype.de

    Sitz der Gesellschaft: Dresden | Amtsgericht Dresden HRB 19830
    Vorstand: Dr. Wilhelm Zörgiebel | Dr. Frank Götz
    Aufsichtsratsvorsitz: Prof. Dr. Gerhard P. Fettweis