Unknown packaging: bundle while building dependency report

Unknown packaging: bundle while building dependency report

Maxim Solodovnik
Hello All,

I'm getting lot's of exceptions like the one below during the build.
These exceptions are not affecting build status but polluting the logs

Maybe you know how it can be fixed?

maven-bundle-plugin version: 4.0.0
maven-project-info-reports-plugin version: 3.0.0

Apache Maven 3.5.4 (1edded0938998edf8bf061f1ceb3cfdeccf443fe;
2018-06-18T01:33:14+07:00)
Maven home: /opt/maven
Java version: 1.8.0_181, vendor: Oracle Corporation, runtime:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre
OS name: "linux", version: "4.4.0-137-generic", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"

Thanks in advance

Caused by: org.apache.maven.model.building.ModelBuildingException: 1
problem was encountered while building the effective model for
org.postgresql:postgresql:42.2.5
[ERROR] Unknown packaging: bundle @ line 11, column 14

    at org.apache.maven.model.building.DefaultModelProblemCollector.newModelBuildingException
(DefaultModelProblemCollector.java:197)
    at org.apache.maven.model.building.DefaultModelBuilder.build
(DefaultModelBuilder.java:482)
    at org.apache.maven.model.building.DefaultModelBuilder.build
(DefaultModelBuilder.java:424)
    at org.apache.maven.model.building.DefaultModelBuilder.build
(DefaultModelBuilder.java:414)
    at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build
(DefaultProjectBuilder.java:158)
    at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build
(DefaultProjectBuilder.java:327)
    at org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.dependencies.RepositoryUtils.getMavenProjectFromRepository
(RepositoryUtils.java:125)
    at org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.dependencies.renderer.DependenciesRenderer.renderArtifactRow
(DependenciesRenderer.java:799)
    at org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.dependencies.renderer.DependenciesRenderer.renderDependenciesForScope
(DependenciesRenderer.java:749)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Unknown packaging: bundle while building dependency report

Maxim Solodovnik
Maybe I should provide some other details?
Or ask different mailing list?

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Unknown packaging: bundle while building dependency report

michaelo
Am 2018-10-16 um 08:17 schrieb Maxim Solodovnik:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm getting lot's of exceptions like the one below during the build.
> These exceptions are not affecting build status but polluting the logs
>
> Maybe you know how it can be fixed?
>
> maven-bundle-plugin version: 4.0.0
> maven-project-info-reports-plugin version: 3.0.0

These issues have already been reported. I do believe that Maven does
not read extensions in that mode and therefore reports the packaging as
invalid. Robert has left some ideas how this can be solved for MPIR. I
haven't found anytime yet to have a look at it. If you do, I'll highly
appreciate a PR.

Michael

Re: Unknown packaging: bundle while building dependency report

Maxim Solodovnik
Thanks for the reply,

My search gave me no results except for advice "to move
maven-bundle-plugin out of pluginManagement section of the pom"
I'll try to investigate this

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax