Tibor Q on irc

stephenconnolly

tibor_: @stephenc Hi Stephen. Would these two work on OSX the same like on linux and freebsd?
tibor_: ps -o start,args -p 27000
tibor_: java -Dppid=$PPID ...

I'd need more context to answer

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Tibor Q on irc

Tibor Digana-2
Hi Stephen,

I tried this command on Fedora

*$ ps start,command -p 2712*

* STARTED COMMAND*
*13:31:38 /usr/libexec/evolution-calendar..*

I have this activity because of issue SUREFIRE-1302. When Maven process is
killed the forked jvm should not leak; otherwise *mvn clean* would not
delete target/.
Previous algorithm sent PING from Maven process to the fork which was fine
until GC prolonged waiting periods and forked jvm supposed then the Maven
was killed.
Therefore wise idea would be to check PPID, which would be Maven process
ID, and check if it is still alive via *ps -o start -p ppid*, and therefore
I want to observe ppid via CLI java* -Dsurefire.ppid=$PPID -jar ...* when
the fork is started from plugin.
Since the PIDs can be reused I need to check it often, maybe every second,
and check the process start time is longer than 1 second.

I need to have the same behavior of *"start"* on OSX. This turns to
format *"mmm
dd" *from* hh:mm:ss* after 24 hours.
Both specs on Ubuntu and FreeBSD document the same format of start:
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/precise/en/man1/ps.1.html
https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=ps&manpath=SuSE+Linux/i386+11.3

Thx
Tibor