Surefire release?

olamy
Hi
Any objections to cut a release?
If not, I can do this early next week
Cheers
--
Olivier Lamy

Re: Surefire release?

olamy
Hi
Inline

On 1 March 2018 at 12:55, Tibor Digana <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Olivier,
>
> Please do not make it yet - I am in progress with fixing.
> I am still running several branches on Jenkins. The Jira issues in 2.21.0
> match branch name, as for instance today's SUREFIRE-1491.
> After 1491 the next ones will be cosmetic changes - quite fast to do.
> I would like to start the vote in the weekend. So we have been working with
> Robert Scholte and me quite a lot on this release, please let us finish it.

I don't mind doing myself the release. I don't have any need neither pay
any attention of of having my name attached to a release!!
I just want to get this done ASAP. As a user (a non friendly one in this
case :-) ) I'm very disappointed to not be able to test my projects with
jdk10.
So I'm simply rocking the boat to get this done!
So if you prefer doing the release by yourself please do it!

> Then 3.0.0-M1 would be yours, Olivier and most probably everybody would
> appreciate new API and Java 1.7 including me.
>
> In the next release 3.0.0-M1 we can cherrypick and squash commits from the
> existing branch 3.0-rc1 together and you Olivier can make a release.
> The JUnit Users would expect release of our new provider asap, so we have
> to cherrypick and squash commits from branch junit5 in Version 3.0.0-M2 and
> add a statement to documentation saying that JUnit5 has incomplete
> feature-matrix against JUnit47 and we call it experimental provider because
> we do not have all feature ITs covered.
> Both (3.0-API and JUnit5) are actually very urgent, so they should follow
> right after current Version 2.21.0.

Sure so we don't have to delay 2.21.0

Olivier Lamy

Re: Surefire release?

olamy
Ok Sounds good.
But could we just focus on a new release rather than new issues?

On 1 March 2018 at 14:20, Tibor Digana <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > do
> > > in ASF. Some prototype was done but it did not go with
> "implements=...".
> > >
> > > Additionally, we have to release 3.0.0-M3 with reworked communication
> > > between processes (maven -> surefire) because the execution hangs with
> > > pipes and I found a bug in JDK in maven-shared-utils. We have some
> > > prototype with sockets but pipes must stay as an config alternative.
> This
> > > includes changes in the data format sent over pipes and sockets which
> is
> > on
> > > my PC and not in any public branch. With this fix we will close all
> known
> > > critical Jiras.
> > > I could not do it earlier, sorry. There's been a quite a lot of
> > > requirements so far from Users and us ASF.

Olivier Lamy

Re: Surefire release?

Enrico Olivelli
I see SUREFIRE 1491 is on master, eo we have a green light?
Thank you Tibor

Il gio 1 mar 2018, 22:38 Olivier Lamy <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Ok Sounds good.
> But could we just focus on a new release rather than new issues?
>

> On 1 March 2018 at 14:20, Tibor Digana <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > There is a branch SUREFIRE-1491 waiting for pushing to master. It is open
> > for everybody who want to check it:
> > https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-surefire.
> > git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/SUREFIRE-1491
> > Here is the Jenkins build link
> > https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-wip/job/maven-surefire/
> > job/SUREFIRE-1491/
> >
> > Cheers
> > Tibor
> >

> > On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 4:24 AM, Olivier Lamy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi

> > 2.21.0
> working
> > > with
> finish
> > > it.
> > > >

> > > I don't mind doing myself the release. I don't have any need neither
> pay
> > > any attention of of having my name attached to a release!!
> > > I just want to get this done ASAP. As a user (a non friendly one in
> this
> > > case :-) ) I'm very disappointed to not be able to test my projects
> with
> > > jdk10.
> > > So I'm simply rocking the boat to get this done!
> > > So if you prefer doing the release by yourself please do it!

> would

> from
> > > the
> > have
> 3.0.0-M2
> > > and
> > > because
> > follow
> > > >

> > > Sure so we don't have to delay 2.21.0

> change
> > > the
> > > do
> > "implements=...".

> with
> > This
> > is
> > > on
> > known

> > > --
> > > Olivier Lamy
> > > http://twitter.com/olamy | http://linkedin.com/in/olamy
> > >

> --
> Olivier Lamy
> http://twitter.com/olamy | http://linkedin.com/in/olamy

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: Surefire release?

Enrico Olivelli
Il ven 2 mar 2018, 19:43 Tibor Digana <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> I will close the Jira Version and I will complete all preparation for the
> release vote tomorrow morning.

Great!
Enrico

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: Surefire release?

Tibor Digana
The e-mail went out. The vote has started.
Should I mention how to run the build with other JDK and follow the
README.md on GitHub?

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 8:16 PM, Enrico Olivelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Il ven 2 mar 2018, 19:43 Tibor Digana <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
> > I will close the Jira Version and I will complete all preparation for the
> > release vote tomorrow morning.
> >

> Great!
> Enrico
>

> > On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 6:02 PM, Enrico Olivelli <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I see SUREFIRE 1491 is on master, eo we have a green light?
> > > Thank you Tibor

> is
> > > open

> > in
> > > do.
> us

> > neither
> in
> projects

> everybody

> commits
> > > release.
> so
> > > we
> > incomplete
> > provider
> > should

> > and
> asking
> > > us

> > > communication
> hangs
> > some
> > > alternative.
> > > which
> > all

> [hidden email]>

> > > --
> > >

> > > -- Enrico Olivelli

> -- Enrico Olivelli

Re: Surefire release?

Tibor Digana
Let's see if I have to send a new email.
The release notes, deployment and SHA1 are related to right version. Only
the title is bad.