Surefire, multiple forks and id of the forked process

Surefire, multiple forks and id of the forked process

Enrico Olivelli
Hello,
I have recently started to move a few projects to use multiple forks to run
tests in order to speed up the build process. Nothing new.

I find it quite awkward to correlate the line that starts a test and the
line with the results (using -Dmaven.test.redirectTestOutputToFile).

Do you think it would be interesting to add a flag to surefire to print out
some id of the "forked process" in order to correlate visually and also on
CI logs what's happening?

If there is interest in this feature I will be happy to open a JIRA and
implement it

Regards
Enrico