Surefire at Java 9 and Java 10

Tibor Digana
As discussed before about Java 9.
I will try to run Surefire integration tests with JDK 9 and 10 on Linux and
I will add JDK 8/9 to CI pipeline.
I do not expect any bugs here. Maybe only enabling some modules for the ITs
in worst case.

Surefire supports Jigsaw already now in origin/master.

There are more important two or three bugs when Docker build crashes and
this has to be fixed till 2.21.0 as well.

Cheers
Tibor

Re: Surefire at Java 9 and Java 10

Enrico Olivelli
Il dom 3 dic 2017, 17:34 Tibor Digana <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> 6 months is quite far away.
> No reason to be afraid because I can check it nowadays and we will see how
> much of the ITs is broken.
> The problem in Java 9 was that Oracle broke backwards compatibility and
> they did not give us a chance to re-introduce extensions (removed modules)
> back to JDK. I expected from Oracle to release extensible JDK (modules/api
> + languages).
> If they did not break it again in 10 then it should not mean any difference
> between 9 and 10 for our tests.

Works for me
I will follow your updates.
Enrico