Surefire and Java 9

Jörg Schaible
Hi,

does anyone already have a setup to execute surefire with Java 9 where the
tested code requires the opening of some modules? I already tried with
different configuration stuff, but failed so far.

Cheers,
Jörg

Re: Surefire and Java 9

Tibor Digana-2
Hi Joerg,

We will continue on this issue after this release.
Would you help us with your Java 9 knowhow?
We have a ticket with Java9 issue in Jira.

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 11:32 AM, Jörg Schaible <[hidden email]>

> does anyone already have a setup to execute surefire with Java 9 where the
> tested code requires the opening of some modules? I already tried with
> different configuration stuff, but failed so far.
>
> Cheers,
> Jörg

Cheers
Tibor

Re: Surefire and Java 9

Jörg Schaible
Hi Tibor,

Tibor Digana wrote:

> Hi Joerg,
>
> We will continue on this issue after this release.
> Would you help us with your Java 9 knowhow?

actually, I am completely lost with Java 9 for now. I simply assumed that
someone managed to run the unit tests by now that opens access to some class
internals that are currently forbidden due to the new module system. Just to
get an impression what stuff is actually affected.

> We have a ticket with Java9 issue in Jira.

Currently I am still doing research ...

Cheers,
Jörg

Re: Surefire and Java 9

Robert Scholte-8
FYI, it's SUREFIRE-1262[1] where most of the details are for implementing
this.

Robert

[1] htps://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1262