Surefire 3.0.0-M4 release?

Olivier Lamy
Hi,
It's now almost 10 months since last and around 30 issues fixed.
Maybe time for a new release?
Moving issues still open to 3.0.0-M5?

cheers
Olivier Lamy

Re: Surefire 3.0.0-M4 release?

Enrico Olivelli
+1
Enrico

Il gio 10 ott 2019, 06:40 Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> ha
scritto:

> Anything user facing preventing to let it be a final?
>
> Anyway +1 to let fixes get out.
>
> Le jeu. 10 oct. 2019 à 02:53, Olivier Lamy <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> > Hi,
> > It's now almost 10 months since last and around 30 issues fixed.
> > Maybe time for a new release?
> > Moving issues still open to 3.0.0-M5?
> >
> > cheers
> > --
> > Olivier Lamy
> > http://twitter.com/olamy | http://linkedin.com/in/olamy

Re: Surefire 3.0.0-M4 release?

Tibor Digana
I have to try to merge the fix because it avoids a situation when the VM
hanged. It is very important for the users.
The remaining fixes may go to M5.
I will adjust Jira release notes, oki?
I have time to cut the release, no problem. The only problem was to find
some spare time for coding the fixes.
I will try to be fast with the merge.

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 1:17 PM Olivier Lamy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We can release now 3.0.0-M4 and then release later with your remaining
> fixes/new features.
> As far I know we do not have a fix release content we can easily move the
> remaining fixes to a 3.0.0-M5
> I'm happy to release it myself if you don't have time.
>
> On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 at 21:11, Tibor Digana <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I understood the wish from JUnit5 fans e.g. Olivier Lamy but still we
> have
> > important fixes for the stability and it is hard to find new developers.
> > I was thinking about this release/3.0.0-M4 and adding one more milestone
> > too but there is fix on my PC that I have a problem to merge without new
> > TCP/IP connector in Surefire.
> > We still have TCP/IP connector in progress...
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 7:11 AM Enrico Olivelli <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > +1
> > > Enrico
> > >
> > > Il gio 10 ott 2019, 06:40 Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
> ha

> écrit
> > :

> --
> Olivier Lamy
> http://twitter.com/olamy | http://linkedin.com/in/olamy

Re: Surefire 3.0.0-M4 release?

Tibor Digana
>> It is ONLY required when the runtime is Java 8 or lower AND you need to
>> read the module descriptors.

thx for clarifying.

Am i right if I say that it would happen with J9/Toolchain used in Compiler
but J8 in the Maven build?
Is it realistic?
Maybe some people would do it due to some other plugins unreliable on J9+
WDYT?