Quantcast

Status of Maven Ant Tasks in Maven 3

Paul King-2

Hi,

I was trying to find where in a snapshot repo or source repository
the latest version of the maven ant tasks reside?

Thanks, Paul.

Re: Status of Maven Ant Tasks in Maven 3

stephenconnolly
http://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks/download.html

and

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/maven-ant-tasks/2.1.3/

Don't mind the 2.x version number it can fork Maven 3 if you need it to

-Stephen

On 11 July 2011 10:41, Paul King <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was trying to find where in a snapshot repo or source repository
> the latest version of the maven ant tasks reside?
>
> Thanks, Paul.

Re: Status of Maven Ant Tasks in Maven 3

Paul King
Thanks Stephen, where can I find out more info about "forking Maven 3"?

To give some context, I am trying to resolve this bug in the Groovy jira (2.1.3 still has this problem):
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GROOVY-4562

My guess is that we may be hitting:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4738

This seems to be "fixed in Maven 3" and seems to reside in the "maven-compat" artifact but naive attempts to include that jar in the classpath just result in what appear to be API changes:

Caught: : java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.maven.settings.RuntimeInfo.<init>(Lorg/apache/maven/settings/Settings;)V
: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.maven.settings.RuntimeInfo.<init>(Lorg/apache/maven/settings/Settings;)V
        at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:116)
        at MavenAntTasks$_run_closure1.doCall(MavenAntTasks.groovy:19)
        at MavenAntTasks.run(MavenAntTasks.groovy:16)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.maven.settings.RuntimeInfo.<init>(Lorg/apache/maven/settings/Settings;)V
        at org.apache.maven.artifact.ant.AbstractArtifactTask.readSettings(AbstractArtifactTask.java:382)
        at org.apache.maven.artifact.ant.AbstractArtifactTask.loadSettings(AbstractArtifactTask.java:311)
        at org.apache.maven.artifact.ant.AbstractArtifactTask.initSettings(AbstractArtifactTask.java:278)

I have been through the usage pages for the ant tasks but can't seem to find anything that will point me in the right direction.

Thanks, Paul

Re: Status of Maven Ant Tasks in Maven 3

stephenconnolly
Well m-a-t shades the maven classes that it uses inside the m-a-t jar
file... so adding maven 3 jars to the classpath will have no effect.

By forking I meant the artifact:mvn task:
http://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks/examples/mvn.html

which can be used to fork a m2 or m3 build and will handle downloading
the version of maven you require from the central repository for you.

I suspect that the best you could do is provide an equivalent patch
for MNG-4738 against the m2 codebase... I know there _may_ be a 2.2.2
release in the nearish future (if there are enough issues with fixes)
and that would give scope for a quick fix to the m-a-t issue....
moving m-a-t to the m3 codebase requires a bit more work, so might
take longer.

-Stephen

On 11 July 2011 23:21, Paul King <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Stephen, where can I find out more info about "forking Maven 3"?
>
> To give some context, I am trying to resolve this bug in the Groovy jira
> (2.1.3 still has this problem):
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GROOVY-4562
>
> My guess is that we may be hitting:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4738
>
> This seems to be "fixed in Maven 3" and seems to reside in the
> "maven-compat" artifact but naive attempts to include that jar in the
> classpath just result in what appear to be API changes:
>
> Caught: : java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.apache.maven.settings.RuntimeInfo.<init>(Lorg/apache/maven/settings/Settings;)V
> : java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.apache.maven.settings.RuntimeInfo.<init>(Lorg/apache/maven/settings/Settings;)V
>        at
> org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:116)
>        at MavenAntTasks$_run_closure1.doCall(MavenAntTasks.groovy:19)
>        at MavenAntTasks.run(MavenAntTasks.groovy:16)
> Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.apache.maven.settings.RuntimeInfo.<init>(Lorg/apache/maven/settings/Settings;)V
>        at
> org.apache.maven.artifact.ant.AbstractArtifactTask.readSettings(AbstractArtifactTask.java:382)
>        at
> org.apache.maven.artifact.ant.AbstractArtifactTask.loadSettings(AbstractArtifactTask.java:311)
>        at
> org.apache.maven.artifact.ant.AbstractArtifactTask.initSettings(AbstractArtifactTask.java:278)
>
> I have been through the usage pages for the ant tasks but can't seem to find
> anything that will point me in the right direction.
>
> Thanks, Paul

Re: Status of Maven Ant Tasks in Maven 3

Paul King
OK, thanks, in my scenario I can't assume that Maven 2/3 will be installed
and there typically won't be a pom file either. I guess I'll await 2.2.2
(or more specifically a new m.a.t release) with hopefully a fix for:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MANTTASKS-213

I'll look at a hacked solution in the meantime.

Thanks, Paul.

Re: Status of Maven Ant Tasks in Maven 3

alejandro.alves
Hello,
I am having the same issue, how could I solve the problem.
Best regards

Re: Status of Maven Ant Tasks in Maven 3

Jason van Zyl
The resolution logic for Maven 3.x is done by Aether, so you may want to look at the Aether Ant Tasks[1].

[1]: https://github.com/sonatype/aether-ant-tasks

On Sep 19, 2011, at 1:47 PM, alejandro.alves wrote:

> Hello,
> I am having the same issue, how could I solve the problem.
> Best regards

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Simplex sigillum veri. (Simplicity is the seal of truth.)

Re: Status of Maven Ant Tasks in Maven 3

Paul King-2
So would you describe the Aether Ant Tasks as almost a drop in
replacement for the (dependency resolution part of the) Maven Ant
Tasks?

Thanks, Paul.

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Jason van Zyl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The resolution logic for Maven 3.x is done by Aether, so you may want to look at the Aether Ant Tasks[1].
>
> [1]: https://github.com/sonatype/aether-ant-tasks
>
> On Sep 19, 2011, at 1:47 PM, alejandro.alves wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I am having the same issue, how could I solve the problem.
>> Best regards
>>
>> --
>>

> Thanks,
>
> Jason

> Jason van Zyl
> Founder,  Apache Maven
> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>
> Simplex sigillum veri. (Simplicity is the seal of truth.)

Re: Status of Maven Ant Tasks in Maven 3

Jason van Zyl
What's in the Aether Ant Tasks is identical logic to what Maven 3.x does.