Status check 3.5.1

stephenconnolly
I am seeing two issues remaining for 3.5.1:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6216:
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when parsing POM

and

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5868: Adding serval times the
same artifact via MavenProjectHelper (attachArtifact) does not produce a
failure

Is there anything else people have in their backlog that cannot wait for
3.5.2 / 3.6.0?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MNG/versions/12338968 is the list
of issues we considered as potential candidates for 3.5.1 At this point
unless you shout out by Friday I will transition all those over to
3.5.x-candidates.

Let the burn down commence!

-Stephen

Re: Status check 3.5.1

Robert Scholte-6
On Tue, 29 Aug 2017 19:55:50 +0200, Karl Heinz Marbaise

> On 29/08/17 17:00, Stephen Connolly wrote:
>> I am seeing two issues remaining for 3.5.1:
>>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6216:
>> ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when parsing POM
>
> This is the only which I think should be part of 3.5.1...
>
> where the IT's etc had worked but now the build does not build based on
> a missing branch which I don't understand at the moment (separate
> thread)...

I think the bug has always been there, but was never exposed before fixing
MNG-6020[1]
It must be a transport issue, because cleaning up the local repository or
the trouble making pom fixes the issue.

What are the options:
- Fall back to previous version of Modello and reopen MNG-6020 for later.
- Do nothing, consider it a known issue with a workaround
- Improve exception handling to discover at least the corrupt pom.xml
(this might already be implemented, not sure about this).
- Further analyze the issue. We have a situation with 2 co-workers where
one has the issue quite often, the other never. They offered there help.

Robert

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6020