Standard http proxy environment variable evaluation

Standard http proxy environment variable evaluation

Cédric Blomart (FOD Economie - SPF Economie)
Hello,

By looking at this over the internet I don't find much informations.
Apparently the sole reliable way to configure proxy usage is trough ".m2/settings.xml" which annoys me when using CI/CD and docker behind proxies.

We do set standard environment variables for proxies in the builds that needs it. But maven doesn't use these variables.

I would like to lookup if it would be possible to evaluate http_proxy or https_proxy environment variables to fill in proxy settings.

I didn't find any opened Jira about that altought there are a lot ramblings about using java properties ("-Dhttp.proxyHost" ...).

Any remarks, toughts about this?

Cédric