SmokeTests in Maven

Akins, Greg
I would like to write some smoke tests against a deployed web
application.

Seems like I should be able to run Canoo tests after completing a
tomcat:deploy.

Can someone advise the easiest/best way to do this?  I had thought about
wrapping some ant/jelly in a postGoal; but thought there might be a
better way?

Greg Akins
Software Engineer
Sony Electronics, STP Systems
724.696.7322 (Sony)
724.696.6147 (AV)
724.454.7790 (Cell)
412.590.3973 (Pager)

RE: SmokeTests in Maven

Gimbel, Trevor

For our application, we have a separate project in CVS and maven (ui-test), that is used to build and execute our integration tests.

This approach allows us to run the tests on an as needed basis, since they do take longer than straight JUnit tests.

RE: SmokeTests in Maven

Akins, Greg
That's a great idea.  Do you just use webtest for the integration tests?

RE: SmokeTests in Maven

Chen, Andrew .
We have similar idea.

There is only one project CVS.  We checked it out into 3 sandboxes, for 3
levels of tests ( be length of testing: unit, acceptance-short,
acceptance-long), then configure project.xml file in each sandbox to include
or exclude certain tests.

The cruisecontrol is setup in different intervals to drive these 3
sandboxes.

--
Andrew Chen
Principal Engineer

RE: SmokeTests in Maven

Gimbel, Trevor

We are using HtmlUnit (http://htmlunit.sourceforge.net/) which has been working quite nicely.

Ideally, we want to also use dbUnit to put the database into a known state before each test or suite of tests.

That's a great idea.  Do you just use webtest for the integration tests?

Re: SmokeTests in Maven

Eric Pugh-2
There is a webtest plugin for maven on http://maven-plugins.sf.net.

Eric