Sizing a repository

Hayes, Peter
Are there any guidelines on how to size a repository physical storage
needs?  Maybe in terms of # of developers and time?  Say for each
developer you'd need 1 gigs / year?

Thanks,

Peter Hayes
Architecture & Shared Technology Services | Fidelity Investments
Management Technology

RE: Sizing a repository

Brian E. Fox
Assuming you periodically purge snapshots, the size is based on the
number of releases x the size of each release. If you have a CI system
constantly deploying snapshots, then it can get much larger (I've had a
build consume 200gb/week in snapshots...but we just started purging
older ones...no big deal)

In beta-4, we have scheduled services and the ability to purge snapshots
will be included.

RE: Sizing a repository

Franklin, Martin (SD)
Brian

Do we have an estimated timeline on the availability of the beta-4 release? In particular with the resolution for NX-463: Group Indexes as I need this before I can deploy Nexus in my caching tier.

Thanks

Martin

RE: Sizing a repository

Brian Fox
Hi Martin,
Some of the upload and scheduled services took longer than planned. Our current iteration plan has everything wrapped up development this week. Since we were a little behind on the server, we pulled in some of the beta-5 fixes in the UI and started security mockups.