Shutting Down Cruisecontrol (M1) in the background?

Shutting Down Cruisecontrol (M1) in the background?

Harrison.Curtis
How do you shutdown cruisecontrol once it is up and running in the
background?

We are using cruisecontrol for generating email notices and a runtime log on
the success or failure of a scheduled nightly build.  We didn't find another
way to get the email notioces and the HTML formated logs.  We use a window's
scheduled task to start cruisecontrol.  We have discovered that even after
shutting down the scheduled task, the cruisecontrol spawned task doesn't
stop.

We are using the windows scheduled task to run cruisecontrol in the
backgrond.  It seems to run fine in the background without a desktop to
display its control GUI.  The windows scheduled task provides a reliable
restart if the server is shutdown.  We didn't test it, but I assume
cruisecontrol would shutdown if the server was booted.

If we could get the email notices and well formated logs from another source
more compatible with our runtime, we wouldn't need to run cruisecontrol.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bud Curtis

RE: Shutting Down Cruisecontrol (M1) in the background?

Riffe, Melvin
Hi Bud,

This might be better answered on the Cruise Control mailing list [1].
But from my experience (running Cruise Control 2.2.1 on a Windows 2003
server) we're using the shipped NTWrapperService that adds Cruise
Control to the list of Windows Services.  Because of this we can issue,
at the commandline, "net stop CruiseControl" and "net start
CruiseControl".  In our nightly restarts (via a Windows scheduled task
calling a batch file) we issue those two commands.  This has worked for
nearly 1 year.

HTH...

Cheers,

Mel Riffe