Setting proxy Question

Sony Antony
Hello :
I am new to Nexus.
Please correct me if my following understanding is not correct.
1. Setting -Dhttp.proxyHost=proxyhostURL
-Dhttp.proxyPort=proxyPortNumber on the jetty JVM will have teh effect
of being a global Proxy setting.
2.  You can also set the global proxy under
Administration->Server->Default HTTP Proxy Settings

3.  If both 1. & 2. are set, then 2. will take precedence

Does it have any way to set proxy on a per-repository level (
Different repositories have different proxy setting )

--sony

Re: Setting proxy Question

Peter Lynch-2

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 11:01 AM, Sony Antony <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello :
I am new to Nexus.
Please correct me if my following understanding is not correct.
1. Setting -Dhttp.proxyHost=proxyhostURL
-Dhttp.proxyPort=proxyPortNumber on the jetty JVM will have teh effect
of being a global Proxy setting.

This is scenario is not tested by us. Please set the proxy server using Administration -> Server settings in the UI.

2.  You can also set the global proxy under
Administration->Server->Default HTTP Proxy Settings

This is the only supported option.

3.  If both 1. & 2. are set, then 2. will take precedence

We do not test option 1. However you may notice that those system properties are set by Nexus when configuring the proxy server using the UI.

Does it have any way to set proxy on a per-repository level (
Different repositories have different proxy setting )

We used to provide this option but it was complicated to manage, broken for many use cases and caused lots of problems - so we have removed it in Nexus 2.6

--sony