Set Windows File Version metadata?

James Green
Is this possible?

I'm looking at wrapping my jar file in a Windows installer package and it
would be a lot easier if the jar on disk had a version attribute set by
Maven.

Can't see much beyond Google answers about how to use Maven on Windows :(

Thanks,

James

Re: Set Windows File Version metadata?

Curtis Rueden
Hi James,

Did you have a look at the packaging system of JavaFX?
http://docs.oracle.com/javafx/2/deployment/self-contained-
packaging.htm#A1324980

This is a separate thing from JavaFX the UI library; it can be used to
deploy non-JFX-based (e.g., Swing) desktop applications.

There is a pretty nice Maven plugin for it, too:
https://github.com/javafx-maven-plugin/javafx-maven-plugin

Regards,
Curtis

--