Scheduled task plugin settings disappear after save

cq

Scheduled task plugin settings disappear after save

cq
I'm trying to make a Sonatype Nexus plugin but whenever I click save in the UI, all the options under "Task Settings" disappear and cannot be edited. All the settings configured before clicking save are in nexus.xml and don't disappear. I'm using Sonatype Nexus 2.6.2-01 and this issue does not happen with all the other default plugins like "Empty Trash" and "Remove Snapshots from Repository" so I'm thinking it's a problem with my plugin. If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it.

cq

Re: Scheduled task plugin settings disappear after save

cq
It was modeled after this plugin:
https://github.com/Vlatombe/nexus-repository-cleanup-plugin/blob/master/src/main/java/com/jostens/nexus/plugin/cleanup/tasks/descriptors/RepositoryCleanupTaskDescriptor.java

https://github.com/Vlatombe/nexus-repository-cleanup-plugin/blob/master/src/main/java/com/jostens/nexus/plugin/cleanup/tasks/RepositoryCleanupTask.java

With the "Get a Repository Object" part replaced with a different function. If I comment out that part and just copypaste the rest of the code for the task and descriptor, the settings still disappear.

Re: Scheduled task plugin settings disappear after save

Tamás Cservenák
Sadly, not much can be said without looking at complete plugin sources.

The first link to java source (the descriptor) is once "read" by UI to build up the fields in Task Settings block, and according to you, it works (fields are drawn and laid out okay).

The second link (the task) is not even involved in these steps (creating task/editing task settings/save), it does not matter in this case.

My guess is, that most likely you have some JS code contributed by that (or some other) plugin that somehow interferes with the UI.

Again, not much to tell without seeing plugin sources.

Thanks,
~t~