[SURVEY] How does your team retrieve artifacts?

123

[SURVEY] How does your team retrieve artifacts?

Jason van Zyl
Hi,

I'm just trying to get some data on what protocol is used to retrieve
artifacts. This question strictly relates to what you use for
retrieval. Most people I have seen use a web server or a shared
network drive, but I'd like to get some feedback.

[ ] Our team uses HTTP to retrieve our artifacts
[ ] Our team intends to use HTTP to retrieve our artifacts
[ ] Our team uses the filesystem
[ ] Our team does not use HTTP or the filesystem because .... please
say what protocol you use and the reason

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

A language that doesn’t affect the way you think about programming is
not worth knowing.

— Alan Perlis

Re: [SURVEY] How does your team retrieve artifacts?

Felix Knecht

> [X ] Our team uses HTTP to retrieve our artifacts

Regards
Felix

Re: [SURVEY] How does your team retrieve artifacts?

Chad La Joie

Jason van Zyl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm just trying to get some data on what protocol is used to retrieve
> artifacts. This question strictly relates to what you use for retrieval.
> Most people I have seen use a web server or a shared network drive, but
> I'd like to get some feedback.
>
> [ ] Our team uses HTTP to retrieve our artifacts
> [ ] Our team intends to use HTTP to retrieve our artifacts
> [ ] Our team uses the filesystem
> [ ] Our team does not use HTTP or the filesystem because .... please say
> what protocol you use and the reason
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason

> Jason van Zyl
> Founder,  Apache Maven
> jason at sonatype dot com
>
> A language that doesn’t affect the way you think about programming is
> not worth knowing.
>
> — Alan Perlis

SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities

RE: [SURVEY] How does your team retrieve artifacts?

Jörg Schaible-2
Jason van Zyl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm just trying to get some data on what protocol is used to retrieve
> artifacts. This question strictly relates to what you use for
> retrieval. Most people I have seen use a web server or a shared
> network drive, but I'd like to get some feedback.
>
> [ ] Our team uses HTTP to retrieve our artifacts
> [ ] Our team intends to use HTTP to retrieve our artifacts
> [X] Our team uses the filesystem
> [ ] Our team does not use HTTP or the filesystem because .... please
> say what protocol you use and the reason

Inhouse repo on Samba share.

- Jörg

Re: [SURVEY] How does your team retrieve artifacts?

Giancarlo Degani
  [X ] Our team uses HTTP to retrieve our artifacts

Best regards.

Giancarlo

Re: [SURVEY] How does your team retrieve artifacts?

Dan Tran
[X ] Our team uses HTTP to retrieve our artifacts

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:28 PM, Giancarlo Degani
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>  [X ] Our team uses HTTP to retrieve our artifacts
>
> Best regards.
>
> Giancarlo

Re: [SURVEY] How does your team retrieve artifacts?

Jan Fredrik Wedén
[X] Our team uses HTTP to retrieve our artifacts

A little on the side...
[X] Our team uses the filesystem (and *gasp* SCM) for .NET artifacts -
with intent to use HTTP for everything

--
- Jan Fredrik Wedén

Re: [SURVEY] How does your team retrieve artifacts?

Martin Hoeller
> [X] Our team uses HTTP to retrieve our artifacts

- martin

Re: [SURVEY] How does your team retrieve artifacts?

Heck, Joe-3

On May 20, 2008, at 11:15 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> [X] Our team uses HTTP to retrieve our artifacts
> [ ] Our team intends to use HTTP to retrieve our artifacts
> [ ] Our team uses the filesystem
> [X] Our team does not use HTTP or the filesystem because .... please
> say what protocol you use and the reason

We also use SMB fileshare access.

-joe

Re: [SURVEY] How does your team retrieve artifacts?

Marat Radchenko-2

On 5/21/08, Jason van Zyl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I'm just trying to get some data on what protocol is used to retrieve
> artifacts. This question strictly relates to what you use for retrieval.
> Most people I have seen use a web server or a shared network drive, but I'd
> like to get some feedback.
>
>  [ ] Our team uses HTTP to retrieve our artifacts
>  [ ] Our team intends to use HTTP to retrieve our artifacts
>  [ ] Our team uses the filesystem
>  [ ] Our team does not use HTTP or the filesystem because .... please say
> what protocol you use and the reason
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  Jason
>
>  ----------------------------------------------------------
>  Jason van Zyl
>  Founder,  Apache Maven
>  jason at sonatype dot com
>  ----------------------------------------------------------
>
>  A language that doesn't affect the way you think about programming is not
> worth knowing.
>
>  — Alan Perlis

>  For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: [SURVEY] How does your team retrieve artifacts?

Bruno Aranda

2008/5/21 Marat Radchenko <[hidden email]>:

> [X] Our team uses HTTP to retrieve our artifacts
>
> On 5/21/08, Jason van Zyl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>  I'm just trying to get some data on what protocol is used to retrieve
>> artifacts. This question strictly relates to what you use for retrieval.
>> Most people I have seen use a web server or a shared network drive, but I'd
>> like to get some feedback.
>>
>>  [ ] Our team uses HTTP to retrieve our artifacts
>>  [ ] Our team intends to use HTTP to retrieve our artifacts
>>  [ ] Our team uses the filesystem
>>  [ ] Our team does not use HTTP or the filesystem because .... please say
>> what protocol you use and the reason
>>
>>  Thanks,
>>
>>  Jason
>>
>>  ----------------------------------------------------------
>>  Jason van Zyl
>>  Founder,  Apache Maven
>>  jason at sonatype dot com
>>  ----------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>  A language that doesn't affect the way you think about programming is not
>> worth knowing.
>>
>>  — Alan Perlis

RE: [SURVEY] How does your team retrieve artifacts?

Beelen, M. - SPLXL
[X ] Our team uses HTTP to retrieve our artifacts

I'm just trying to get some data on what protocol is used to retrieve
artifacts. This question strictly relates to what you use for retrieval.
Most people I have seen use a web server or a shared network drive, but
I'd like to get some feedback.

[ ] Our team uses HTTP to retrieve our artifacts [ ] Our team intends to
use HTTP to retrieve our artifacts [ ] Our team uses the filesystem [ ]
Our team does not use HTTP or the filesystem because .... please say
what protocol you use and the reason

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

http://www.klm.com. This e-mail and any attachment may contain
confidential and privileged material intended for the addressee
only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part
of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or
distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or
attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have
received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail, and delete this message.

Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries
and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor
responsible for any delay in receipt.
Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. (also known as KLM Royal
Dutch Airlines) is registered in Amstelveen, The Netherlands, with
registered number 33014286

Re: [SURVEY] How does your team retrieve artifacts?

Mark Hobson
2008/5/21 Jason van Zyl <[hidden email]>:
> [X] Our team uses HTTP to retrieve our artifacts

Mark

Re: [SURVEY] How does your team retrieve artifacts?

arikkfir

[X] Our team uses HTTP to retrieve our artifacts

--
Arik Kfir <[hidden email]>

Re: [SURVEY] How does your team retrieve artifacts?

Michael McCallum
On Wed, 21 May 2008 18:15:44 Jason van Zyl wrote:
> [X] Our team uses HTTP to retrieve our artifacts
This is the third "team" i've been in that uses http(s), I was using scp for a
while but its was just waaay too difficult for windows users to get working.

--
Michael McCallum
Enterprise Engineer

Re: [SURVEY] How does your team retrieve artifacts?

Matt Milliss

Jason van Zyl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm just trying to get some data on what protocol is used to retrieve
> artifacts. This question strictly relates to what you use for
> retrieval. Most people I have seen use a web server or a shared
> network drive, but I'd like to get some feedback.
>
> [ ] Our team uses HTTP to retrieve our artifacts
> [ ] Our team intends to use HTTP to retrieve our artifacts
> [ ] Our team uses the filesystem
> [ ] Our team does not use HTTP or the filesystem because .... please
> say what protocol you use and the reason
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason

> Jason van Zyl
> Founder,  Apache Maven
> jason at sonatype dot com
>
> A language that doesn’t affect the way you think about programming is
> not worth knowing.
>
> — Alan Perlis

RE: [SURVEY] How does your team retrieve artifacts?

Brad Harper

[x] Our team does not use HTTP or the file system because

    a rabidly security conscious admin insisted on using scp. It's
    been the source of unnecessary headaches ever since, especially
    in cross-platform settings.

[x] Our team intends to use HTTP to retrieve our artifacts

    as we move to a new CI build server, which also hosts
    our internal remote repositories.

Brad

Re: [SURVEY] How does your team retrieve artifacts?

Javier Díaz

> [X] Our team uses HTTP to retrieve our artifacts
Regards,

Javier

Re: [SURVEY] How does your team retrieve artifacts?

lukewpatterson