S3 repo for custom archetypes

Kevin James
Hi all,
I have a private repo in an S3 bucket. All my private dependencies work fine with a repository specified in a project POM with a URL of s3://myprivatebucket/release, and specifying an S3 wagon:

    <extensions>
      <extension>
        <groupId>com.allogy.maven.wagon</groupId>
        <artifactId>maven-s3-wagon</artifactId>
        <version>1.2.0</version>
      </extension>
    </extensions>

So, all good so far. Where I'm running into problems is that I've made a custom archetype for some internal projects, but I can't seem to figure out how to access it using `mvn archetype:generate'. I can specify the repo in my settings.xml but despite hours of searching I can't find any method to specify that S3 wagon globally so that the generator can use it to contact my repo.

Is there any way to do this? Am I missing something obvious? I can't use the https address of the bucket because that doesn't support authentication, it's public or (as I understand it) having to pass a bunch of headers, neither of these routes is usable for us.

Thanks,
Kev.

Re: S3 repo for custom archetypes

Anthony Whitford
Did you try wagonProvider as outlined here?

http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-wagon-providers.html

> On Sep 23, 2020, at 2:17 AM, Kevin James <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> I have a private repo in an S3 bucket. All my private dependencies work fine with a repository specified in a project POM with a URL of s3://myprivatebucket/release, and specifying an S3 wagon:
>
>    <extensions>
>      <extension>
>        <groupId>com.allogy.maven.wagon</groupId>
>        <artifactId>maven-s3-wagon</artifactId>
>        <version>1.2.0</version>
>      </extension>
>    </extensions>
>
> So, all good so far. Where I'm running into problems is that I've made a custom archetype for some internal projects, but I can't seem to figure out how to access it using `mvn archetype:generate'. I can specify the repo in my settings.xml but despite hours of searching I can't find any method to specify that S3 wagon globally so that the generator can use it to contact my repo.
>
> Is there any way to do this? Am I missing something obvious? I can't use the https address of the bucket because that doesn't support authentication, it's public or (as I understand it) having to pass a bunch of headers, neither of these routes is usable for us.
>
> Thanks,
> Kev.

RE: S3 repo for custom archetypes

Kevin James
I did, but I couldn't get it to work. In the end I gave up and went with AWS CodeArtifact.

Cheers,
Kev.

Did you try wagonProvider as outlined here?

https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-wagon-providers.html__;!!MsNKLpFGsw!byQvF4j_x2ljfAI2C-XB7BiOV4XVsWwGap1fozcgS6ftvT3ipL9fIo5GDyqiJQSk0L8$